Thursday, June 4, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else



Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else, where the sweetest, most talented bloggers share their recipes and projects. I'm glad you're here. 
Can you believe it's June?  I'm so glad, I made a Summer Notebook.




Zap is doing much better, and he's been enjoying my herb series. The other day, bits of thyme fell to the rug, and he rolled around like crazy. He's even play-growling. It's good to see him doing dogly things again.  

Last week's Foodie Friday was exceptional. Shall we check out the highlights?

Let's take an unforgettable trip to Paris with Angelina, author of Peonies and Orange Blossoms, and visit Laduree Tea Salon on the Champs Elysees. You'll get up close and personal with the most marvelous pastries in the world, along with a macaron tasting review. The post is stunningly gorgeous and information-packed. But don't stop there--the entire blog is a delight. For a treat, follow Angelina's travels on Instagram.


Visit Peonies and Orange and share your favorite macaron.

***

Mary at Home Is Where the Boat is  is an inspiration to us all.  Her blog is like a mini-vacation to a place where wildflowers sway in the field and fluffy white Bichons dance with butterflies. This is the place where beauty is born, in this enchanted cottage-by-the-lake. Mary made several goodies for us, including Frozen Wine Cubes with edible flowers. To see what inspires Mary, follow her on Pinterest.
Frozen Wine Cubes with Edible Flowers-002
Life is happier when you visit Home Is Where the Boat is .

***

I can't think of anything better than a Cookbook Club. Martha at Lines from Linderhof belongs to one, and last week she shared highlights from their fifth meeting, complete with recipes. This time, the subject was crepes, sweet and savory. Below, you can see spinach hidden under a giant crepe. Doesn't it look delicious? Just wait till you see the desserts. To see future parties, catch up with Martha on Bloglovin.
"When we draw to see what we're going to bring," Martha says, "we never tell what dish we'll do --
which is why we had two mushroom crepes and two apple crepes. But they were different recipes and tasted nothing alike."
Visit Lines from Linderhof and check out the assorted sweet crepes.

***

I am positively addicted to the Instagram photos by Living the Gourmet.   For a casual get-together with friends, Catherine made a fresh, summery appetizer --Almond Rice Crackers with Spicy Guacamole.
Living the Gourmet: Almond Rice Crackers & Spicy Guacamole
Visit Living the Gourmet for the recipe.

***


I've been in an herbal frenzy, and I was thrilled to see Chive Blossom Vinegar at Purple Chocolat Home. Whenever I see one of Jacqueline's posts on Bloglovin , I rush right over. Her cookies, cakes, and tablescapes are stunning. 


***
The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party 

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring features.

We've got several new boards for Foodie Friday and Everything Else, with categories like tablescaping, travel, family ideas, gardening, pet stories, DIY projects, photography, holidays, etc. You're welcome to pin photos from your posts.
Visit Foodie Friday and's profile on Pinterest.


Ready to put on your party shoes? Let's go!


23 comments:

  1. Michael Lee, so happy to hear the news about Zap. Your summer inspiration photos have me thinking about entertaining, even though that's the last thing I probably can do at the moment. What am I thinking? Most of my dishes are in storage. Ha!
    The recipes are all mouth watering good. Thanks for hosting this fab party. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a fun party. It's been awhile since I've visited. So glad to see all the fun inspiration! Have a fabulous weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the linky!! We would love for you to stop by DIY Crush to submit your craft tutorials and patterns to be featured! It's a great ad opportunity! https://www.diy-crush.com/blog/submit-your-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Lee, I'm blushing from your high praise. Thanks for your kinds words and sharing my wine ice! It does my heart good to hear that Zap is doing better. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happy news about your Zap, Michael Lee! I enjoyed seeing all the fabulous features this week. Thanks so much for hosting and happy June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm, what delicious features...thanks so much for hosting...FF must be one of the longest running parties in Blogland...I've enjoyed every one of them....
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for hosting. So glad to hear Zap is better too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy that Zap is doing better!!! Beautiful features, and thanks for the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael Lee, thank you for the kindest words about my blog! I am blushing behind my screen over here. I can't believe I only recently discovered your blog several weeks ago... I am having fun reading through old posts. Thank you for the feature and I hope everyone continues to enjoy my Parisian adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Zap - cute little thing. I've always wanted a Yorkie. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting the fun party and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michael Lee, thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your summer journal and I am so glad Zap is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting another great party:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello gorgeous! Love to party with you each week! Please stop by our party , we love to party with you! We pin and tweet everything! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michael, thank you! And I hope you or one of your readers can help me come up with a more appealing name for my dish I linked!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Michael, I loved scrolling through your Summer Notebook. I cannot believe it's June already...although NY has been hit with a bit of cold spell! I do hope it warms up soon.
    Thank you for featuring my guacamole appetizers and for your kind words. It was such a wonderful surprise to see and it made my day. Thank you. Have a wonderful weekend my dear. xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous features!! Thank you for hosting, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your herb photos -- especially the thyme. It's one of my favorites for cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy to hear Zap is doing so well. Thanks for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the party always lovely links to read and follow have a great weekend zen hugs all around

    ReplyDelete