Thursday, June 11, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

It's time to party again at Foodie Friday and Everything Else.

It's been one of those weeks. When it comes to home renovation, the stars have been aligned in crazy patterns. I'm trying to be Pollyannish,  but it's a challenge for a pessimist like myself.  If I can work up my nerve, I'll write about it this weekend. But now, I just want to eat cake and visit with friends.
Ready to party?

Let's look at a few highlights from last week's FF and EE.

To Simply Inspire made gorgeous Apple Rose Puffed Pastries.
"Apple Rose Puffed Pastries are a simple yet elegant way to serve a unique dessert." 
-- To Simply Inspire

You'll love her step-by-step directions, too. 


Hyacinth for the Soul  shared a special post: "C is for Cow."
"I didn't grow up on a farm, and though I did grow up in a small 
rural community,  I'm definitely more of a city girl.Not to say that I don't adore the beauty, the quiet, and the sheer magic of country life.  I do!" -- from Hyacinth for the Soul

In addition to a literal affection for bovines, Sarah collects cow figurines. Aren't they beautiful?


"The sun is shining today and I have set up tea by my waterfall.  How about joining me for some Lemon Lush dessert? Lemon Lush is an old recipe that I've had for years.  It's good in other flavors, like chocolate or pistachio, and it's always cool and refreshing." --from Kitty's Kozy Kitchen


Posed Perfection  baked fragrant, heart-warming Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread.
"Are you like me and hate to throw out produce? It seems like I always have some kind of fruit that hasn't gotten eaten at its peak of ripeness. When that happens, and it happens frequently (must be too many other snack choices), I like to use it up in baked goods. That's exactly what happened when I made up a loaf of this Cinnamon Chip Apple Bread." -- from Posed Perfection.


When Pattie at Olla-Podrida looked through her old recipes, she found one that ignited her curiosity, even though the full directions were missing--a culinary mystery! She rolled up her sleeves and got to work.
"Times change, tastes change, and I am not the sweet lover that I once was, but I was curious to know just what I’d considered tasty those many years ago, so I made the recipe. These are sweet, very sweet, but I think they most closely replicate the taste and texture of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup more than any other recipe around." -- from Olla-Podrida 

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party 

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring features.

We've got several new boards for Foodie Friday and Everything Else, with categories like tablescaping, travel, family ideas, gardening, pet stories, DIY projects, photography, holidays, etc. You're welcome to pin photos from your posts.
Visit Foodie Friday and's profile on Pinterest.

Ready to put on your party shoes? Let's go!


  1. What lovely features. Those peanut bars look so good right about now. Hope your day went a bit better. Thanks so much for hosting. fondly ~lynne~

  2. Thank you so much for hosting this awesome party!! Love the entries so far!

  3. Thanks so much for the party! I hope everything works out. Hapy weekend! :)

  4. Such a pretty pastry! Good looking desserts here.

  5. Some days are like that. I hope it gets better for you. Thanks for hosting such a nice party.


  6. I saw the picture you posted earlier of how your day was going and wondered what happened.
    Thanks for featuring my Lemon Lush by my waterfall, Michael Lee. It's always such an surprise to be honored that way.
    I hope the rest of your week goes more smoothly. Thank you so much for hosting and partying with us.

  7. Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend! Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet

  8. Well, I'm sad to think you are dealing with more issues on the remodel. Grrrrrrr!
    A piece of cake and party shoes are a good alternative! Thanks for hosting each week,
    and a big thank you for the feature. Wow, that post seems to have garnered a lot of attention. This is the fifth blog to feature it. Exciting to realize that others have Bovine Love too.

  9. Happy to be one of the featured this week. As always, I am in excellent company. Sorry about your rough week. Things will get better, I'm sure. Well, not 100% sure, but pretty sure. ;-)

  10. Thanks so much for hosting this luscious party ea week.

  11. Beautiful and delicious features Michael Lee! I wish I had one of those delectable apple roses or a slice of cinnamon apple bread this morning. As to the stars aligned in crazy patterns, Mercury has been in retrograde until yesterday since May 19th. I always find things go haywire then. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you until it happens again in September :) Happy weekend to you. ♥

  12. Thanks for hosting another great party:-)

  13. Thanks for hosting and have a nice weekend.

  14. Thanks for hosting again! Enjoy your weekend!

  15. Thank you for hosting this delectable party! Hope everything is going smoother for you now!
    Happy weekend! =)

  16. Thank you for hosting each week...have a great weekend, ML!

  17. Thanks so much for hosting! Sorry about the bad week. We decided today is the day to take off, canceling everything. The first part of the week was one of those weeks.
    Enjoy the weekend!

  18. Thank you so much for hosting, have a lovely weekend. Anna @ Just a Mum :-D

  19. Sorry you've had a bad week. I vote for girlfriend time and cake! Looks like lots of yummy recipes have been posted. Will be checking a lot of them out.

  20. Fun features Michael, I got a kick out of the hairy cows:@) Have a great Sunday!

  21. Thanks for hosting! I hope the coming week is a better one for you.