Thursday, June 25, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else


Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. 
After an endless winter, summer arrived, full of sass and malefic heat. I would love to hide indoors, lolling on the sofa while the air conditioner blows out cold, comforting waves; but the ranchburger calls to me, a siren song that implores me to pick out paint colors already. 


Zap is too frail to withstand the blazing afternoons, so he stays with Bandwidth. Progress at the ranch is moving at warp speed. Each day, the changes astonish me. I took so many photos, I filled up the storage on my phone. I hope to give yall an update this weekend.
When I come home to Dismal Farm, I am greeted with Yorkie kisses like you wouldn't believe. Zap and I set up camp in the kitchen, and I bake like crazy. When I couldn't zip my beloved Bermuda shorts, I took a break from all that eating and made a Spinach Salad with Berries and a Warm Pancetta Vinaigrette.

Let's get out of the heat and take a look at summer food from last week's party.



Extraordinary Mommy made a Strawberry-Walnut-and-Feta Salad.


My Life Cookbook Taco Cobb Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing.


Everyday Living takes us on a Deep South tomato tour.


Homegrown and Heathy brightened the day with waffles and fresh fruit salsa.


And just for fun, let's go to France. I've become addicted to the Paris travel guides by Peonies and Orange Blossoms.


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines

Older posts are welcome. 
 No limit on the number of posts. 
 No "rules." 
 Everyone is welcome. 

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only. If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. 

 If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE. 

 Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join. 

We've got several new boards for Foodie Friday and Everything Else, with categories like tablescaping, travel, family ideas, gardening, pet stories, DIY projects, photography, holidays, etc. You're welcome to pin photos from your posts. Visit Foodie Friday and's profile on Pinterest. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring features. 
 Ready to put on your party shoes? Let's go!

27 comments:

  1. Awesome party! I am at the beginning! Woohoooo! that usually never happens;) Thanks for the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house has such great bones, it has been watching the progress. As always thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving what you've shared of the ranchburger so far MLee, it has so much potential, and it is looking awesome! Your salad sounds so summery good, but pancetta dressing sounds nice and sinful :) Thanks for the party fun today!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed all the features, ML ~ perfect summer salads, heart shaped waffles, and my favorite city. What more could a girl want?
    Thanks for hosting. Snuggle in with sweet Zap and have a cool evening indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the feature! I always look forward to your party each week! Have a wonder-filled weekend!

    Blessings,
    Pam (www.everydayliving.me)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Malefic heat", my new favorite descriptor of our summer weather! I'll keep Zap company, I feel too frail for the blazing afternoons :) Your salad looks like the perfect light summer meal! Hope you're staying cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting! I need to remember malefic heat because I could talk about that all day long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hutch!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay cool and don't work too hard on the house...summer is a time to chill. Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh scrumptious and beautiful salad, can't wait for more updates on the ranch. Glad zap is doing ok. Thanks for the linky partay, and as always great featured blogs. Have great weekend and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty and fun hutch!
    Thanks for the party.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for hosting this great party sweet lady.
    Have a lovely weekend ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear you are still in melting weather over there! Hopefully some refreshing breezes will cool you soon and you can focus on those paint colors! We are all anxiously awaiting more photos! Thanks for hosting this fun party. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've had some hot days in NJ as well...and a few storms! Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your hutch looks fabulous, Michael Lee! I'll bet you're getting excited to fill it up with pretty things. I hope your darling Zap is ok, and I know you love those kisses. Thanks for hosting your party and have fun picking out paint colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting the fun party and I love the features especially the feta and strawberry salad. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Rattlebridge Farm" has been included in our Sites To See #446. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/06/sites-to-see-446.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. The new hutch cabinet looks wonderful and I like the chandelier! Too bad it's so hot for you- I know how that can suck away your energy. I wondered if you lived in this home yet- now I know the answer! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I come here every week for inspiration, and wow look at your salad! Thanks for hosting the fun party, and I look forward to your house photos over the weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. That salad looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see more updates! Have a great week - I hope we cool off some!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for a great party, see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for hosting and featuring my travel guides of Paris! I am so glad I found your blog in the past month... I enjoy your recipes and renovation updates, and I like this link party too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello gorgeous! I’m always so excited to come and party with you! Thank you for the party. I hope you get a chance to stop by our party. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your colorful salad with berries looks perfect for this hot weather. Thanks for another amazing party.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Michael Lee, thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete