Thursday, July 2, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else


It's party time at Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Are you ready for the July 4th holiday?



As I write this post, it's dark and stormy outside. Wherever you are, I hope the sun is shining.


Earlier this week, I was busy tying up loose strings at the ranchburger. The decisions were just too much, so I hired an interior designer--he has four legs, fur, fangs, and a tail. Zap, the designing Yorkie, has selected everything on my behalf. He has a nose for marble, can sniff out paint colors, and will work cheap (pay in dog biscuits).

I have been cooking (and eating) quite a bit this week. Then, inexplicably, I ate a ton of Fritos, and afterward, I was so sorry, as if I had committed a food crime. But you know, after watching my little dog struggle with diabetes and a failing appetite (thanks to Jain for suggesting baby food--a lifesaver, literally), I'm grateful that I can feel hunger. An appetite is a sign of health. Mine may be a little too vigorous, but it is a gift, really and truly.
After I realized this, I felt much better and found myself eating fewer Fritos.

Finally, the HERB SERIES continued with rosemary.

Thanks to everyone who linked to last week's party. If you missed it, be sure to check out the fantastic July 4th ideas--and everything else, of course. A special thanks to the sweet bloggers who leave comments every week. They lift my heart.

Rattlebridge's picks this week are phenomenal!

Basil Hummus by Olla-Podrida

***



Window dressing for a potting shed by Home Is Where the Boat Is.

***


Basic Brioche by Make Mine Lemon

***


Hydrangea Before and After by My Cozy Corner

***


Pesto Chicken Club Panini by What's Cooking in the Burbs

***


Grilled Pesto Shrimp by Rita's Recipes

***


Refreshing the bed by A Stroll Thru Life

***


Southwest Chicken Protein Wraps by Meatloaf and Melodrama

***


Strawberry Lemony Heaven by Grey Is the New Black


***


Blackberry-Apple Skillet Pie by The Charm of Home

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines

Older posts are welcome. 
 No limit on the number of posts. 
 No "rules." 
 Older July 4th posts are welcome!

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only. If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. 

 If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE

 Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join TFB or any of the other boards.

We've got several new boards for Foodie Friday and Everything Else, with categories like tablescaping, travel, family ideas, gardening, pet stories, DIY projects, photography, holidays, etc. You're welcome to pin photos from your posts. Visit Foodie Friday and's profile on Pinterest. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring features. 
 Ready to put on your party shoes? Let's go!


28 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics. Love the one of your dog.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link party and have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, such fabulous recipes that I need to try. They all sound wonderful. Thanks also for the shout out, how fun is that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Zap is so cute snuggled in his blanket. Glad you gave over the interior details to a someone who can help you. No need to stress yourself. You have enough stress with little Zap's health.
    Love the tasty features! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs a Yorkie to design a room--they love tartan, and I do, too. :-0

      Delete
  5. Hi Michael, I love your party and thanks for featuring my post about keeping my Hydrangeas out of the HOT sun.
    Joyously,
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting- so many great features that I was busy pinning

    Have a safe and happy 4th of July.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Zap ♥... Glad Jain's baby food tip is working! Thanks so much for sharing my window dressing this week. Wishing you a Happy and Delicious Independence Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you'al have a very special 4th of July. Please give Zap a hug for me, he is so precious. Thanks so much for all the fantastic food and the awesome party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the feature. Everything looks so interesting this week, but I think I'll be trying those chicken wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I was so shocked to see my brioche featured. I am thrilled. Thank you so much.

    I hope you, Zap, and your family have an enjoyable 4th.

    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for another fabuluous FFEE Michael Lee...I love your decorating assistant~and I must say that having a Fritos attack every now and then is totally acceptable! Happy 4th! I hope your skies turn blue~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww Zap is sooo cute and the best assistant to you, Michael Lee. Here's wishing you no storms for the 4th and a Happy Independence Day. Thanks for hosting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for the feature -- such a nice surprise! I hope Zap improves on the baby food, and you know, I love your thoughts about healthy appetites! :) Have a wonderful 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the feature on my basil shrimp. Love your little Zap. Baby food helped my Yorkie too, and scrambled eggs,
    Have a star spangles weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it when you cook with herbs!! Always fresh is the best. Thanks so much for the feature! Have a great 4th!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting again!! Hope your doggie will get better!!!! It's not right to see our beloved pets suffer in any way! Hope you'll have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for featuring my cocktail! I hope you stay dry this weekend! We got three inches of rain today, which I suppose headed our way after leaving you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely features! I'm posting tonight my first attempt at decorating a patriotic cake, lol..
    I hope your doggie gets better soon. It's awful when pets are sick.
    Have a lovely 4th. of July with your family sweet lady.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for hosting the party! I'd like to wish you and your family a wonderful 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great features! Thanks for hosting, I love this link party! So many great ideas :) Have a happy 4th of July!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so happy zap is loving his knew menu, you really had me pondering about having an appetite and being healthy, I guess I have been overly blessed, you reminded me what a privilege it is to feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello cute lady! Thank you for hosting such a fun party. We would appreciate it if you would stop by our party.We would love to see what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for hosting! love the rosemary herb series from earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs! Thanks for hosting another great party.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that sky photo! Should be a poster! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete