Thursday, August 6, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything else. I hope you've had a good week. Me, I've been swamped with renovating. Two steps forward, twenty backward. At least, that's how it feels sometimes. The week began with Part I of the Dormers, followed by Part 2's soothing solution. The blog took an unexpected byroad with a look at social media: How to Navigate the Turbulent Waters of Social Media Using Enneagrams and 3 Ways to Protect Your Time. My next reno debacle is shaping up--trying to find faux stone that works with the house.
Does anyone have a margarita handy? I'll be right over!

Let's get right to the party.

Here are the highlights from last week:
Container gardening on the patio by Entertaining from an Ethnic Indian Kitchen. 

Ideas on Styling a Cabinet or Cupboard Top by Common Ground.

Chocolate Halva Mousse by Something Sweet: Winnie's Blog
Chocolate Halva Mousse


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party 

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.
 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.
If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.
Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join. 
Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring features each week!


  1. I always have margaritas ready!!

  2. Glad you got the dormers sorted out! Margaritas are definitely in order :)

  3. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee! Have a good weekend!

  4. Happy Friday and thanks for hosting. What a gorgeous chocolate mouse. Wow.

  5. Thanks for hosting and for sharing your amazing reno process:-)

  6. I was lost in your Human Nature post and was almost late to the party. I am a combination. At 72, I believe I am still trying to figure it all out.:-)

    Thanks so much for hosting. I'll be back tomorrow with salmon cakes.

  7. Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee, and providing a beautiful, welcoming centerpiece to your party. Even though you're swamped with renovations, we appreciate your Foodie Friday and Everything Else party.

  8. We have a bar downstairs with ANY drink you want or need!!! Thanks again for your party. We did real stone panels on the front of the bar. Have you seen it? I can send you a link to the post.

  9. Thanks for hosting. It has been fun watching the reno come along!

  10. There's nothing like margaritas in Texas! Come on down! :) However, with our triple digits and humidity, I would recommend waiting until October. It's just miserable now!

    Thanks for continuing to host this party in the midst of all the renovations. I believe you're a stronger, younger woman than me! :)

    P.S. Beautiful features!

  11. thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for the feature! I'm sure you make a better margarita than I could. just tell me what you need, and I'll have it waiting when you get here!!

  12. Thank you for hosting. Beautiful features and lots of great links. Your lemony goodness set the stage!

  13. I always find renovating very stressful - but it's generally worth it in the end...Hope your projects will go well, Michael! I'm linked up at number 83. I'm usually pretty good at resisting desserts but this Chocolate and Blueberry Pudding Cake is my kryptonite! Have a wonderful weekend :-)

  14. your lemon.....
    thanks much for hosting....

  15. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

  16. You have been one busy lady! Love that first picture with the lemons! Great features- thank you for hosting!
    I'll have a margarita tonight and say cheers to you!

  17. Thanks for hosting - great features! I stopped by on Friday but it looks like I never published my comment. And I was intrigued by a previous post on social media and Enneagrams. Really made me think! Your post from yesterday made this girl dream. Have a great week.