Monday, August 10, 2015

Rattlebridge Farm's Favorite Homemade Condiments and Other Goodies


I grew up helping the womenfolk "put food by." As the kitchen filled with steam and enticing smells, we wrapped our hair in calico scarves and put on cheery, ruffled aprons. Pots bubbled on every burner, but the largest was reserved for the pressure cooker. It scared me so much, it's a wonder I didn't hide under the table, because every woman in the kitchen had a "putting by" horror story. My own mother once had a canner explode, and black-eyed peas hit the ceiling like bullets. (Well, she was reading, she said, and she'd just gotten to the juicy part).
Nowadays, I use simpler methods, but the results are just as good--it's hard to beat the taste of a homemade summer.



Here are my favorite DIY condiments and other goodies.












































7 comments:

  1. Hi Poodle Scoop! Oh, I just may have to try some of these! You would be so proud of me as I made Paula Deen's recipe for homemade pimento cheese yesterday! Can you believe it is not sold up here! That's just wrong! Have a good week.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely pinned a few of those! :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Of course my favorite is the colored sugar. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the flavored sugars. It would be wonderful to be on your gift list :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any of those would make wonderful gifts, Michael Lee, and you've displayed them with such style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! I've pinned a few for future reference and gifts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, you should do a book in your style of comments and pictures..I would buy in a heartbeat. Such a creative soul.
    Thanks...
    gardenthymewithdiana.com

    ReplyDelete