Thursday, September 3, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else -- September 4

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Before we put on our party shoes, I wanted to thank the kind souls who emailed and left comments about the loss of our sweet Zap. Your consoling words mean the world to Bandy and me. 

Here are a few highlights from last week's party:

Peaches and Cream Cake by The Simple Sweet Life.

"Fall is a Southerner's Reward" by Home Is Where the Boat Is.

Breakfast for Dinner Pie by The Painted Apron.
breakfast for dinner pie

Color Is Beautiful by Cozy Little House.

Cucumber-Mandarin Orange Salsa by Best of Long Island and Central Florida.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines to the Linky Party
***Older posts are welcome.
***No limit on the number of posts.
***No "rules."
***Everyone is welcome.
***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note). Thanks so much for sharing your creativity each week. You inspire me more than you can ever know.


  1. Michael Lee, Thank you for sharing my 'Southern's Reward' post and for taking the time to put the link up. Wishing you a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. Thinking of you. ♥

  2. I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Zap. When I saw that you couldn't blog last week, I was afraid that it was something like that. Sending you lots of love and hugs.

  3. Dearest Michael Lee, thank you for hosting your weekly party. My heart is with you.

  4. Michael Lee,
    You have been in my thoughts,this past week. Our Andre' and your little Zap started on their decline about the same time. I loved your little Zap from afar and will miss him. Wishing you a peaceful Labor Day weekend.
    Miz Helen

  5. I hope you are doing better. Your little Zap would want you to remember the good times. He will wait at the bridge for you. Sheila E

  6. I am so sorry to hear about Zap, Michael Lee! It is so true that pets were placed on this earth to keep us alive! =) Enjoy your Labor Day weekend! hugs, Christine

  7. I am heartbroken about Zap. You've been in my thoughts and prayers since last week and I was hoping this wasn't going to be true, that maybe it was something else. All of my children have been Zaps - four legged ones who I pampered and adored as much as I humanly possible. Take care of yourself and know we're all thinking and praying for you.

  8. Oh Michael I am so sorry to hear that Zap has passed. I know your heart and those of your loved ones are broken. I know he was like one of your children and I know you will miss him deeply. I wished there were something I could do to ease the pain. Just know we are all thinking of you. Carol

  9. I'm so sorry to hear about Zap! Every time I visit your site, I always notice his adorable pictures and can't help but smile! I lost one of my kitties last year, and I still think of her every day, so I know how difficult it is. I'm sending prayers and happy thoughts your way!

  10. Oh Michael, I thought that it was Zap and I know how much you loved that little guy. He knew that he was loved so very much. I prayed for him - he will be waiting for your at the Bridge.
    This is a wonderful party with so many terrific post.
    Have a good weekend and hope the remodel is coming along great.

  11. Healing thoughts. Have a nice weekend. XX, Liz

  12. Dear Michael, I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our sweet Allie this past spring.

    Wishing you a happy Labor Day weekend.

  13. Hi Michael-

    I'm so sorry your beloved Zap crossed the rainbow bridge.

    Thank you for the feature, appreciate it.

    Healing hugs,

  14. I'm so very sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how long we have them, it's never long enough. Hoping you can soon find peace and heal.


  15. Michael Lee,
    I am so sorry abut your Zap..hugs..

    Thank you for hosting..

  16. Hello cute lady! I always get so excited to stop by your party each week. It’s so fabulous! Please take a moment to party with us. We pin and tweet everything! Lou Lou Girls

  17. ML, I am so, so sorry to hear of little Zap's passing! I know how much you love your fur babies & I share your grief over the loss of your sweet companion. I didn't know how sick he was, as I haven't been blogging or visiting much lately. I thank you for your recent was nice to know you were thinking of me. I'll keep your whole family in my prayers as I know how much you'll miss the little guy being under foot.


  18. And even though you are very likely running on fumes, here you are, still showing up for Foodie Friday, still blessing others - a true Steel Magnolia. One day at a time, doing the next thing, and the next thing...and resting and recharging when you can. Though most of us have never had the pleasure of meeting you, you have made a place for yourself in our hearts. We are standing with you as you move forward.

  19. I am so terrible sorry for your loss of sweet Zap's passing sending big hugs.

  20. Thank you so much for the party Michael Lee. My sincerest condolences for your loss.

    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

  21. Oh. My.......I had no idea, Michael. I am SO sorry. I have been following zap's story for a long time. Did not know he had passed. Plz know how much we are all thinking of you and because my sophiejane is 15 and not doing well....I do understand your pain. It will just take time to heal but believe me, soon, only wonderful memories will replace your sadness. A brand new baby just might help too!!!
    I ran over my last dog in my own driveway that I had had for 10 yrs. 5 days later my hubs walked in the door with a brand new bebe and at first I just screamed and said NOOOOOOOOO.....but he knew that was the best medicine.....and that bebe is now sophiejane and my world will be off its axis when her day comes.
    Hugs to you.....

  22. And I'm so sorry to hear about your little dog, Zap.

  23. I am so sorry for your loss. They say when they leave us they take a piece of our heart with them and leave a piece of their heart with us. By the time we are reunited with them our hearts are more canine than human and filled with more love than is imaginable. They are our world and we wouldn't have it any other way.

    Hugs to you and the family.

  24. Such wonderful looking foodie delights - thanks! I didn't know about Zap until I read the comments. I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

    I'm 3/4 way through your book, Crazy Ladies and loving it!