Thursday, September 10, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

 Welcome to the September 11th Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Are you enjoying the early days of autumn? Are you excited about cozy, seasonal recipes? Then you've come to the right place: Foodie Friday will tempt your taste buds.

I'm still on a blogging hiatus, but I'm working my way back, retracing my old steps. Until then, you can find me on Instagram.

Shall we take a look at the highlights from last week's amazing party?

Shrimp Remoulade by Kitty's Kozy Kitchen.

Red Wine Cheeseburger by Jennifer Meyering's Eat Drink Love.
Red Wine Cheeseburgers

Flavors of Fall by Home Is Where the Boat Is.
fall picnic2

Caramel-Apple Bread by Homemade Interest.
This bread tastes just like apple pie! It is cinnamon-y and sweet, with crunchy caramel granola pieces baked inside. A great recipe for Fall.

Orange Doodles by Miz Helen's Country Cottage.
Orange Doodles at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Tea in the Garden by 1929 Charmer Cottage.
Japanese Maple tree, gardens

Spicy Shrimp Thai Salad at Estelle's.

Portabella and Butternut Squash Crepes by Cherishing a Sweet Life.

This adorable duo offers you super ideas for Tailgate Season. Get the details at Life in my Empty Nest.

Friday Flowers by Hidden Art of Homemaking.

Mexican Chocolate Milkshake recipe by Honey and Birch.
This adult Mexican chocolate milkshake recipe is a delicious blend of chocolate, cinnamon, chipotle chile powder and Cafe Patron! | #cocktail

Classic Pumpkin Cake Roll by The Kitchen is My Playground.
Classic Pumpkin Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling

Basic Yellow Cake by Toads and Thyme.

How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar by Momma D Jane.
How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar

Old Fashioned Tapioca Pudding by Wives with Knives.
Tapioca Pudding

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines to the Linky Party
***Older posts are welcome.
***No limit on the number of posts.
***No "rules."
***Everyone is welcome.
***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).

**Thanks so much for sharing your creativity each week. You inspire me more than you can ever know.


  1. Wow, what a great round-up. I'm loving that spicy shrimp and such a gorgeous presentation too. Thanks for being our hostess each week. I've thought of you a lot this week. Take care and have a nice weekend.

  2. Little steps, Michael Lee. You need some time. Be gentle with yourself. Sending lots of hugs your way.

  3. Lovely Features!

    Thanks for hosting- see you next week.


  4. oh apples! Such a sign of fall! I hope your heart is healing Michael Lee, so incredibly difficult...
    Thank you for the always great party,

  5. What a delightful blog party to discover via another friend's blog party. And such yummy treats and fab fall ideas. Thanks for a lovely time.


  6. Great features! Thanks for the party, Michael Lee and have a good weekend!

  7. Thanks for featuring my shrimp remoulade, which is an honor, Michael Lee. Take all the time that you need to mend your heart and soul. Thinking of you. ❤️

  8. These are great-looking features, Michael! I especially love your apple photos; this is my favorite time of year. :)

    I was very sorry to read about the loss of your precious Zap; we lost our MacDuff two years ago about this time of year. It is always so painful to lose our pets. Thank you for hosting the party and have a good weekend.

    Warm hugs,


  9. Hi Michael Lee,
    Just got home from celebrating my husbands birthday with friends, to find this wonderful surprise. Thanks so much for featuring my Orange Doodles, I really appreciate it. It is always an honor to be featured on your site. You are in my thoughts and thanks so much for making sure we have the party every week.
    Miz Helen

  10. Those apples look delish! All of the features are wonderful ~ a couple I didn't see originally so good to see them now!

    I so hope you're taking good care of yourself...don't hurry. It takes time to heal. We all appreciate your having the party!


  11. I love ANYTHING apple! I am now following you on Instagram. Have a beautiful weekend, ML!

  12. Yum! Everything looks so good! Thanks for hosting!

  13. It all looks good. Thanks so much for hosting when your heart is not in it. We are all saying a prayer for you.

  14. Great round-up of interesting and delicious looking recipes. Tons of menu planning inspiration! Thanks for hosting!

  15. Michael Lee, Thanks so much for sharing my Flavors of Fall. We're keeping our paws crossed for an early fall here and escape from the heat. Doggie kisses from Chloe & Gracie. ♥

  16. I'm so sorry, Michael, I only just read the news about Zap. Thinking of you. It's so hard losing a well loved pet. I still miss our cats, Jake and Elwood, who died age 18 over 7 years ago. Take care. Thank you for still hosting Foodie Friday. We'll all be here when you get back to blogging. Take care and hope you have a good weekend.

  17. Thanks for hosting. That caramel apple bread looks amazing!

  18. Hi Michael Lee,
    Thank you so much for featuring my Portabella & Butternut squash crepes, I truly appreciate it and I am truly honored!! I'll stop by and visit you on IG! I kind of took a hiatus from IG, I need to find my way back there! Wishing you a beautiful weekend! xo, Christine

  19. Looking at all this food is working on my stomach! Thanks for hosting- have a wonderful weekend! XX, Liz

  20. Hello beautiful! Thank you for hosting such an amazing party! Please take a minute to stop by ours and let us pin and tweet your masterpieces! Lou Lou Girls

  21. Everything looks so good! The apples look yum! All of the features are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!