Thursday, September 17, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else -- September 18th

After weeks of sipping soup and ginger ale, my appetite returned. However, my cooking skills are still lagging behind. I made a tomato pancetta tart, and when I transferred it to a platter, the crust caved in. I managed to patch it together, hiding the broken places with basil and sage--luckily, I had plenty of camouflage, thanks to recent work on the herb series. Despite the fractures, the tart was delicious, one of those wonderfully edible missteps, a metaphor for life itself.



I hope you will join me this Saturday, when I take a closer look at oregano.

Until then, let's take a little trip to last week's party.


Just in time for cooler weather, a Mexican Chicken Casserole by Gypsy Heart and Soul.
Skinny Mexican Chicken Casserole


A home that exudes Pure Elegance by Penny's Vintage Home.


A Tale of Two Tables by Back Porch Musings.
tabletale39

A Letter to the End-of-Summer by Home Is Where the Boat Is.


One Pot Chicken Fajita Rice by Simply Stacie.



Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies by Parent Pretty.
Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies - This is by far my most popular recipe and readers agree that these are THE best frosted pumpkin cookies on Pinterest!

See how an antique window frame was turned into a beautiful, functional spice shelf at The Farmhouse in the Field.

Great Fall ideas at Designs by Pinky.


Joy and Healing in a "Shabby Garden" by The Legacy of Home.


How to Pack a Suitcase by My Cozy Corner.


******
The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines to the Linky Party
***Older posts are welcome.
***No limit on the number of posts.
***No "rules."
***Everyone is welcome.
***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).

**Thanks so much for sharing your creativity each week. You inspire me more than you can ever know.

23 comments:

  1. Your appetite returning is a positive sign and your tart looks delicious! I would have never known those lovely herbs were camouflage. :) I hope your heart is on the mend. Thank you for sharing my end of summer post. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tomato pancetta tart looks fabulous, Michael Lee. I love the photo of the oregano and I look forward to learning more about this herb. I have a whole pot of it growing on my patio. Thanks for hosting your lovely party. Take care, sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tart looks amazing!! Thanks for hosting and glad your appetite is coming back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to have a slice of your yummy tomato tart on one of those pretty blue plates served on the porch of the gorgeous house Penny posted please....Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a great weekend. Our temps are cooling off. Hope yours are too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Tart looks delicious, you did a great job of repairing it. I am so happy to hear you are beginning to feel better and hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tomato pancetta tart sounds amazing, patched or not! I do a little "mending" now and then myself :) Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Michael Lee, and thanks for the party today
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tart looks delicious even if it did collapse. I always say, the messier the food, the better it tastes ;) Great party as always, thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like I have a lot of blog reading to catch up on! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the linky!! I love all the fabulous posts already!! I would like to invite you to my blog to submit your craft/recipe post to get featured! Can't wait to see what you all have created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for hosting a lovely party for us each week....and a special thank you for featuring my post! Glad your appetite is coming back...hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi
    Thanks for featuring my post on how to pack a suitcase...Tonight my sweetheart had two lobsters for dinner in Maine.
    I will be sharing the photos when we return home. I love your party and love to link up today.
    Joyously,
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is good hear your appetite is returning! The tart looks wonderful.

    Thanks so much for including my table with these beautiful features.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tomato pancetta tart looks fantastic to me!! And it's wonderful that you;re getting you appetite back.
    As we're celebrating our Rosh-Hashanah (New-Year) these days, I'd like to wish you a wonderful and healthy year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that tart looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you are feeling better, Michael! Your tart looks amazing and I love that turn of phrase 'those wonderfully edible missteps'. I'm link 100 this week with my Spiced Apple and Almond Cake, a real fall treat. Thank you for hosting the party and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGoodness, I couldn't get over here last night so am just seeing this. THANK YOU so very much for the feature, I am honored! And am in such wonderful company. Thanks for hosting your wonderful party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tart looks so delicious....you always make your foods so pretty.
    The features are magnificent...so much talent out there.
    Thank you for hosting..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to hear you are feeling better Michael Lee. Thanks for the party and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello cute lady! I appreciate you hosting such an amazing party! Please take a minute to stop by our party and let us pin and tweet your masterpieces! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for hosting, Michael Lee! Have a wonderful weekend!
    love and blessings~
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for hosting - so many wonderful recipes. So glad that you are feeling better and getting your appetite
    back. Your tart looks amazing.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete