Thursday, December 10, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. I'm so glad you're here.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Rattlebridge. I've used my old feathers and magnolias for years, along with other nature-inspired goodies. This year, we found the cutest woodland ornaments at K-Mart ($3.99 each). And I wish K-Mart was sponsoring this post, because I would have bought more hedgehogs!

The most adorable tree-topper ever.

While I was working on tonight's party, I snapped a quick picture of the hutch.

I hope you are enjoying the holidays. We had an exciting road trip after Thanksgiving, one that involved rain, fog, and bumper-to-bumper traffic on hilly I-40 (we were perfectly safe, thank goodness, but we saw many fender benders).

We've had the mildest December that I can remember. I hope the weather is delightful in your neck of the woods.

Let's take a little tour of last week's Foodie Friday. Here are the highlights:

You'll be dazzled by Gates of Crystal's beautifully decorated family room.

You'll be enchanted this Christmas season by the fluffy white dogs at Home is Where the Boat Is.

If you love antiques, you'll swoon over a vintage Christmas tree by Note Songs.

Past holidays are revisited in The Christmas House by Calypso in the Country.
Christmas Tree at Night

DIY on the Cheap by A Stroll Thru Life.

Christmas Vignettes by Everyday Living.

Also. . . 
Grab a cup of eggnog and enjoy Maison de Cinq's collection of natural greenery.

What does your Christmas tree say about you? Find out at Olla-Podrida.


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

***Older posts are welcome.

***No limit on the number of posts.

***No "rules."

***Everyone is welcome.

***Post your recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).


  1. Love your tree and the hutch is fabulous. I love the cheese slabs too. Wow, that weather looks bad, living in the desert, we have sunny 70 to 80 degree temps, so I always cringe when I see such bad weather. Reminds me of 18 years that I lived in the mountains of Oregon in tons of snow. Thanks so much for the feature, that is such a thrill.

  2. I LOVE your woodland creatures and owl tree topper living among the magnolias and feathers on your Christmas tree! The closest K-Mart is an hour away from us in a direction I never go unfortunately. Thanks so much for sharing my canine crew! My MIL came home from the hospital yesterday and we returned her pups to her, hopefully they will boost her spirits as she recovers. It's very quiet here today. :)

  3. I love the owl on top of the tree!!! So cute! I will definitely go check out Kmart! We are putting our tree up tomorrow.

  4. You are in! The woodland tree is wonderful, especially that topper. I like using natural elements at Christmas, and usually use lots of magnolia leaves. Didn't this year because my primary source now belongs to a new family. My friend moved! ;-)
    Thanks for the excellent features. I'm headed over to see what my Christmas tree says about me. Miss that post!
    We've had beautiful weather here. I even worked in the garden today.
    Thanks for hosting. Merry, Merry! Enjoy decorating your new abode.

  5. I just love your little Woodland Creatures, they are just adorable and the tree looks so pretty. Mary's little white dogs are the cutest things ever! Hope you are having a cozy weekend and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

  6. I love your tree! Where did you get that cute owl topper? I haven't found a topper I like for my woodland tree but that could do the trick! Love all the features!

  7. Your Christmas header looks so festive, Michael Lee! I'm loving your nature inspired tree with the magnolias, feathers and those cute K-Mart decorations!! I just chuckled out loud when I saw that adorable owl cute! You must smile every time you pass by.
    Your hutch is looking pretty spiffy, too. Thanks so much for hosting, and I hope you're enjoying your new home.

  8. Love your tree, Michael Lee! We are having one of the warmest Decembers on record here in Chicagoland. It's so weird not to have snow on the ground this close to Christmas! Have a great weekend!

  9. Love your tree!! Always look forward to your party each week! Thank you for featuring the vignettes I posted last week! Many blessings for your weekend!

    Pam (

  10. oh I love the owl at the top of your tree! So sweet...and great for a house in the country. Your hutch looks wonderful. And what great staging fun you can have with it. yea! Glad you all were not in an accident. I have traveled many many miles on I 40...a busy stretch of interstate! have a great weekend. Sheila

  11. Yes, we are all getting spoiled by this unseasonably warm weather~ I always want it COLD in Dec, but after that I'm through! Love the magnolias on your tree ML! I hope you have a Merry week!

  12. K-Mart? You found those darling ornaments at K-Mart?! I am going to have to scope one out around here. I love the woodland tree look and will be adding a couple such ornaments to our tree. Thanks for the feature, and try not to over stress. :-)

  13. Those are darling woodland animals, Michael, and your tree is lovely! I think the pine hutch is just awesome. :)

    Thank you so much for hosting and have a great week!


    Denise at Forest Manor

  14. Love all the pretty features...
    Thanks for the fun party...xoxo

  15. I have a woodland tree with similar decorations. My eyes got big when I saw the top of your tree since mine also has a big owl on it! I haven't posted it yet. We are having the warmest December on record! We are enjoying it a lot! Thank you for hosting the party!

  16. Love your unique tree. Thanks for hosting the party. I'm ready for colder weather here in my neck of the woods.

  17. What a beautiful tree, Michael! I love the woodland ornaments - they are so cute! Thank you so much for hosting. This week I've shared a Red Pepper Crostini topping that also makes a great meze dish or pizza topping as well as 5 of my best Christmas squares recipes, all in one post! Have a lovely weekend!

  18. Your tree is absolutely gorgeous!! I enjoyed the features, also!

    Thanks so much for hosting.

  19. Your tree is gorgeous!! Thanks also for the feature!!...I am still working on my decor over here. I guess the warm weather is throwing me off. Enjoy your weekend!

  20. Michael Lee, thanks so much for featuring our family room! Your tree is beautiful and I love all the critters hanging out on it. Glad you're enjoying the holidays and made it back safely from your trip!
    love and blessings~
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

  21. Your hutch is beautiful. The wood is lovely and the way you have it styled really sets it off!

  22. Thanks so much for hosting the party and I love the features!! You have such a gorgeous Christmas tree too. Have a nice weekend.
    Julie xo

  23. Thanks so much for hosting the party! Great features this week:-)

  24. Hello beautiful! Thank you for hosting such a fabulous party! Please take a moment and stop by our party that goes until Friday @ 7 pm. We love to pin and tweet every creation that comes to the party! Happy Holidays! Lou Lou Girls

  25. fun to see you in your new house, it must be an extra special holiday season for you to start all fresh and new!

  26. Hi Michael Lee! Oh, I'm so humbled you would feature my little tree! You've made my evening.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  27. LOVE your nature inspired tree, Michael Lee! So pretty! Unfortunately due to renovations; I am only limiting the decorations to those outside and one small tree in the family room that is my husband's (which only has Coca-Cola ornaments that he bags every year as is ... ☺). That said; hopefully next year I will be able to really decorate more to my taste which I admit is more formal. As for the weather; even though I live in a snow belt region in Canada we too are enjoying balmy temperatures ranging in the mid 30s F so needless to say there isn't a snowflake in sight. Rain yes, but no snow whatsoever. -Brenda-

  28. Thanks to everyone who participated this week!