Thursday, December 17, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

I'm delighted to see you today at Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Are you ready for the holidays?
We've been waylaid by repairs, so our decorating is minimal.

Please Read:
I had a bit of trouble posting today, as we had issues with the Internet. So you may see several posts for FF today. Hopefully this post will appear without errors. Again, so sorry for the confusion.

Next, I usually don't move Foodie Friday around during the holidays, but since the two "eves," Christmas and New Years, fall on Thursdays this year, I have created a holiday schedule. I think it'll be easier for everyone. For the next two weeks, the party will adhere to a different schedule. Then FF will revert to its normal time and day: every Thursday at 7 PM Central.

Christmas Eve Schedule: Christmas Eve falls on a Thursday (Dec 24th) this year, so next week's  party will be posted early, Monday, December 21st at 6 P.M. Central Time. Please feel free to add your posts all week. 

New Year's Eve Schedule: The same schedule will apply for New Year's Eve, which also falls on Thursday (Dec 31st).
The New Year's party will be posted Monday, December 28th at 6 P.M. Central Time. And you are welcome to add your new posts any day that week.

Foodie Friday and Everything Else will resume its regular hours on Thursday, January 7th, at 7 P.M. Central Time.

I'm also trying another feature. The links won't be numbered and will appear in a random order. Will you take a moment and let me know what you think about this? Thanks!

If I don't see you before Christmas, I hope you and your loved ones have the best holiday ever. I'll be thinking about you all.

I'm excited to share a few highlights from last week's party:

Coconut Milk-Peppermint Hot Chocolate by A Saucy Kitchen.

O Christmas Tree by Peonies and Orange Blossoms

Christmas Morning Tablescape by A Dining Delight.

A blogger get-together at Kitty's Kozy Kitchen.

Homemade Bath Salts by Katie Kate's Kitchen.

Best Recipes for Christmas Squares by April J. Harris of the 21st Century Housewife.
Best Christmas Squares Recipes

Loaded 4-Cheese Buffalo Chicken Bake by What's Cooking in the Burbs.

Homemade Christmas Potpourri by To Simply Inspire.

Homemade Dog Treats by Cooking for Prince Charming.

Happy Holidays!
The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

***Older posts are welcome.

***No limit on the number of posts.

***No "rules," except one: in order to be featured, your photos must be your own.

***Everyone is welcome.

***Post your recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).
Please note the holiday schedule for FFandEE (see above).


  1. I think random order is much better :)
    Thank you for this party, and I'd like to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday !!

  2. Thanks so much for the feature! I was looking for a button to put at the bottom of my post so I could link back to you....let me know if I missed it somewhere! :-)

  3. I love the random order thing. Susan at Between Naps on the Porch does it too. It seems fairer to me as some people can't get to link right away when a link goes on and then are # 300!!! Noone ever sees the link! Thanks SO much for hosting. Wishing you and yours a very Merry and blessed Christmas! XO

  4. Love the features! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

  5. I like the randomness.:-)

    Thanks for hosting Foodie Friday and Everything Else.

  6. Thanks so much for posting the time changes for the holidays. Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

  7. Thanks so much for hosting this fun party! I love the features this week. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    Julie xo

  8. Love all the great Christmas Inspiration. I don't want to be the odd person out, but the random order thing with no numbers makes it impossible to go thru the links. I can't keep track of where I am. If you just come by and link up, your ok, but if you're really interested in checking out links it's too frustrating. that's just my opinion.

    1. Totally agree. I used to visit Susan several times over the week to try to see all the tablescapes. I can't keep track of what I have seen and what I haven't and usually only click on one or two at the most. I must be one of the odd ones, too.

  9. I do like random, it's sorta my motto :) Love the holiday posting schedule, thank you Michael Lee! I hope you enjoy the holidays after all your labors~ it looks fabulous to me!

  10. I was thinking of your son today; I made his Worcestershire sauce - so happy to have that recipe. Thanks so much for hosting. I hope you and your family have a great holiday.

  11. I'm sorry you have lots of repairs going on, Michael Lee. Your beautiful hutch looks so pretty, though.
    Thanks for sharing my meeting with Celeste. It's always special meeting fellow bloggers! Thanks for the change in days for the party for the next two weeks, and thanks for hosting.

  12. Thanks so much for the party Michael Lee. I know what it's like with minimal decorating. We've had a death in the family so a lot of the traditional Christmas preparations are on hold or won't be done. As long as we have family together, that's all I worry about.

    Best wishes,
    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

  13. Wishing you the Merriest of Christmas and a week of smooth sailing with minimal repairs Michael Lee! I like the random order since I see something different every time I click over to visit and for the same reasons Pinky said. Thank you for the holiday schedule. ♥

  14. I kind of agree with Debra about the random order. Does it resort everytime? Yours is one of the few linky parties that I come back to and actually go through the links because I like the variety of food and decor. If it resorts every time I come back, then I'm not sure how I'll keep track. On the other hand, my cranberry negroni is sitting in the third spot right now, so that's nice :)

  15. Love that pretty hutch filled with ironstone. ;-) Sorry about the issues. So exciting to be in your new home though.
    Thanks for hosting. The features are each one full of inspiration, and our sweet Kitty looks adorable!
    Merry, Merry!

  16. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee and for featuring my Loaded Four Cheese Buffalo Chicken Bake! Have a great weekend and Merry Christmas!

  17. Wonderful features, but the best one is our dear bloggy friends meeting and enjoying time together... priceless!
    Your hutch looks gorgeous and yes, it's such a nuance to be working on the house, my friend.
    Thank you for having the party up for us.
    Merry C'mas!

  18. Thank you for the party, ML!!!!

    Love your features. Hopping over to see Kitty now - sweet chum, and always awesome to meet a fellow blogger - hope to do more of that myself in the new year! Hugs! ♥

  19. Thank you so much for featuring my Christmas Morning Tablescape! So fun to see it highlighted at this wonderful party which I appreciate you hosting each week! I like the random links as something I might have missed catches my eye the next time just because it stands out more next to a different link pic. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

  20. I'm liking that Coconut Milk-Peppermint Hot Chocolate! Looks so perfect for this cooler weather. :) Having the links in random order sounds like a good idea too. Thanks for hosting and hope you have a Merry Christmas! :)

  21. Hello sweet lady! I appreciate you hosting each week, thank you! Please stop by our party that until Friday @7. We love to party with you and we pin and tweet everything! Happy Holidays! Lou Lou Girls

  22. I love the random order and the holiday schedule sounds good! Thanks for hosting!

  23. Appreciate you hosting us each week! I love the random order thing. See you on December 21st.

  24. Hi Michael Lee, I am so happy to be here - my first visit! I hope I haven't overstayed my welcome, but I got lost in your background and several posts, making my acquaintance. I am in love with who and what you are all about, and I hope to get to know you better in 2016. I am joining in the party, and look forward to mixing and mingling. Thank you for the warm welcome!
    Rita C at Panoply

  25. Thanks for sharing my hot chocolate this week! I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas :) Oh, and I like the random ordering!

  26. Time US whizzing by, hope your settling in and you have a very merry holiday!