Thursday, January 14, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

 It's my favorite time of the week, time for Foodie Friday and Everything Else. 

Almost a year ago today, I was baking and trying to stay warm (and well-fed).

This year, I'm building a wildlife habitat in my yard. Hopefully I'll have a few
pictures to share (if I ever get accustomed to this house, which includes finding a place to blog. The right place, ahem). We are still working out kinks in the new-old house. And, my husband has had a hard time adjusting to various things. This came as a surprise to him, since he found the house and fell in love with it. Today, two more iron railings were added for the little step-ups to the kitchen and dining room, as we sure need all the stability we can get.

Last week's party was awesome. Here are the most-viewed features!

15 Things You Don't Have to Buy at the Grocery (and why) by Snippets of Inspiration.

Decorating with Botanicals for a Traditional Touch by My Kentucky Living.
Decorating with botanicals

Perfect Breakfast Eggs by From My Carolina Home.
Perfect Breakfast Eggs | From My Carolina Home

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

***Older posts are welcome.

***No limit on the number of posts.

***No "rules," except one: in order to be featured, your photos must be your own.

***Everyone is welcome.

***You are cordially invited to share your blog posts: recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, blog tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).


  1. Another week of amazing stories and wonderful features! Thank you!

  2. Thank you so much for featuring my Perfect Breakfast Eggs! Love this linky, thank you so much for hosting!

  3. Thank you so much for hosting. There are always good things here.

  4. Wow, does your cake ever look scrumptious and elegantly decorated. Wish I could share a slice with you and talk about your wildlife habitat in your very own yard. I have an itty bitty yard, but I have a beautiful hawk that visits me. I love his presence and significance in my life.
    Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee, and I hope you all get adjusted to your new surroundings.

  5. A wildlife habitat sounds like fun. I'm sure the critters will appreciate being your new neighbors! Hope you're settled and situated soon. ♥

  6. I'm sure you'll find the perfect blogging place!!

  7. Thanks so much for featuring my post - 15 Things I Don't Buy at the Grocery Store. Such an honor! Thank you for hosting the party each week as well!

  8. Thanks for hosting the fun party and have a nice weekend! :)

  9. Thank you so much for featuring my botanicals! I love your first pic...cake with flowers. So so pretty.
    I agree about handrails and such...I am learning that they are helpful and well, needed in some cases. Your wildlife refuge will be fun to watch. Looking forward to more pics!

  10. What a gorgeous cake you baked a year ago. Before I look so pretty in your pic in the side bar.
    I hope your new year is off to a good start. Much blessings for 2016.
    Thank you for hosting this inspiring party.
    Have a lovely weekend.

  11. Thank you for hosting Michael Lee!

  12. Wow - a wildlife habitat...sounds like quite a project! Hope all is well with you! Thank you for hosting again and enjoy your weekend!

  13. Thanks again for hosting Michael Lee. I hope you settle in soon. I know it is a big adjustment moving to a new house and space. XO

  14. The pictures of the cake are beautiful! Hope you and your husband settle in your new home soon! Thanks for hosting! ~Rhonda

  15. Thanks for hosting. Loving all of these recipes. I hope you have a wonderful day.

  16. Your photographs are always so beautiful! The cake and flowers look stunning! I'm sure it's an adjustment to find your way in a new home but exciting as well. Thanks so much for hosting and sharing these wonderful features!

    P.S. Your new photo is beautiful!

  17. So many great links today, I don't know where to start! Wishing you much happiness in your new home!

  18. Hello cute lady! I love stopping by to party with you! Thank you for hosting. We would love it if you would stop by our party that goes until Friday @7. It would be our pleasure to pin and tweet your creations. Lou Lou Girls

  19. Hello cute lady! I love stopping by to party with you! Thank you for hosting. We would love it if you would stop by our party that goes until Friday @7. It would be our pleasure to pin and tweet your creations. Lou Lou Girls

  20. thanks for hosting! that cake looks to die for.
    xx, lauren

  21. Even though I knew I was meant to be in this home it took me almost 5 years to get settled. It'll happen, my dear friend :)

    That poundcake looks wonderful! Did it taste as good as it looked? ;)

    Thank you for your sweet words about my return. I'm so glad to be back and reconnect with you.

    love and hugs,

  22. Thanks for featuring my English tea and scones! Your cake looks so pretty!!