Thursday, January 21, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

A winter storm is bearing down on many parts of the country, and to stay calm, my thoughts are turning to warm food and comfort. You'll find plenty of ideas at the Foodie Friday and Everything Else Linky Party.  So glad you're here.

I'm happy to share a sampling of ideas from last week's party:

Beautiful Decorating Ideas by Cozy Little House.

An English Tea with a Lemon Scone Recipe by Peonies and Orange Blossoms.

Not Your Typical Southern Chicken Salad by Ramblings of a Southern Girl.

Copycat Chilis Queso Recipe Shibley Smiles. 

Almond Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by A Saucy Kitchen.

A Daffodil-Filled Basket by My Heart Lives Here. 

I'm sharing pictures from my neck of the woods. I awoke Wednesday to find snow and fog.

If you are in the path of the winter storm, I hope you and your loved ones will be safe.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

***Older posts are welcome.

***No limit on the number of posts.

***No "rules," except one: in order to be featured, your photos must be your own.

***Everyone is welcome.

***You are cordially invited to share your blog posts: recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, blog tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).


  1. Your snow looks so pretty! I hope you get just the right amount this weekend - not too much!

  2. Pretty features.
    Thanks for the party sweet lady.

  3. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee! Great features and I love your snow pictures. Stay warm!

  4. Thanks so much for sharing my lemon poppy seed loaf from last week!

    I hope you and your family stay nice and warm in all that snow. We only had a couple of days of snow before it melted. Personally, I wouldn't mind it coming back - it makes everything so pretty outside!

  5. Your pictures look so very pretty. I love the gazebo and frozen waterfall with snow but something about that shot with the adirondak chairs! I keep going back to look at that one again and again. Love it and the view it shows! They say we may actually get something here too in SC but not counting on it. Stay safe and stay warm!

  6. Thank You for hosting! Be safe & try to stay warm this weekend....

  7. We're loaded down with snow here, but then we expect it. I hope the storm won't be as bad as they're predicting. Thanks for hosting the party!

  8. The features are wonderful, Michael Lee, and oh my, your snow and more to come!! I had to make my own snow for my snowy village cakelets. Stay warm and cozy and thanks for hosting!

  9. OH the dreaded S word, snow! So pretty but I got in my car and headed to the coast today, I hope this storm is not as bad as predicted! Thank you for hosting ML, stay warm and cozy~

  10. That snow is so pretty! The storm is due to hit here in NJ on Saturday. Thanks again for hosting!

  11. They say we will get 12-18 inches. UGH! I just am praying we don't lose power as we don't have a generator. We have food and plans for what we will be doing Sat. (organizing and purging). Kinda looking forward to the "day off" so to speak:) Thanks again for the party. XO

  12. Enjoy the snow...if you can! I hope it's not as bad as they say. Thanks for hosting!! Have a good weekend.

  13. Thanks for the party and all the great features...

  14. Super cold here - but a clear night - moon is so bright - nearly full again. Stay warm, safe and dry! Thank you for the party, happy to be part of the fun again. Hugs. ♥

  15. I always love seeing your fun collection of features. This party is a perfect way to pass a cold and snowy night, thank you!

  16. Hello Michael,
    I have a full on blast on un-seasonal rains chilling me down to my bones where I live. Like wise I am turning to the comfort of warm food and company of family. I love your features this week, especially the poppyseed cake. Thank you for the party. Have a great weekend. Cheers!

  17. Happy New Year, Michael! Love the photographs of the snow - it's so pretty! Today I'm sharing a traditional British dessert, Raspberry Bakewell Tart Squares. Thank you for hosting. Have a lovely weekend!

  18. Thanks for hosting the party and all the wonderful features. Stay safe and warm. xo

  19. What beautiful features! Thanks for the linky party :-))

  20. What beautiful features! Thanks for the linky party :-))

  21. Oh I love seeing your potting shed in her new home! Hope you're pantry is full and you're safe, warm & cozy! ♥

  22. We have that same snow. I posted about our bread and milk run.

    Thanks for hosting!

  23. We are in the thick of the snow here in central Virginia, and I love it! It is billowing and swirling and bright and white. It reminds me of our life in Connecticut, which I adored. I have a very large Palladium window in our dining room. It frames the outdoors perfectly. When I sit in there and watch, elbow on table and hand on cheek, I often reflect on the contrast. All that motion, and - silence. Falling snow is so quiet.
    It has often occurred to me that God is like that. Sometimes he seems silent and even, dare I say it? Cold.
    But the billowing snow reminds me that silence and inertia are not synonymous. God is always magnificently active, even if I can't see it. Life is such an adventure, is it not?

  24. Looking at your photos Michael Lee, it looks very cold over there at the moment. I hate to say it, but we've been enjoying a very mild summer. It's usually very hot and humid this time of the year here in my home State of Queensland but in saying that, today was humid. Thanks for hosting and I hope things warm up soon for everyone.

    Anne xx