Thursday, January 28, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

It's party time at Rattlebridge Farm. I'm glad you're here. 
A week ago, many of us were bracing for a snowstorm. In our neck of the woods, we didn't get too much ice--just fluffy, wet (and very deep) snow. As many of you know, I am not a fan of ice (or falling on the ice), but I worked up my nerve and trudged outside. 




By Monday, the snow was just about gone. 

Thanks to all of the creative, marvelous bloggers who partied with us last week. Here are a few highlights:

First, a way to find beauty in winter by adorning window boxes with greenery. Get the details at Home Is Where the Boat Is.
DSC_6022-003

And, because I know you will love this, I'm including another post by Mary at Home Is Where the Boat Is: a do-not-miss Year of Tablescapes. You'll be inspired and delighted.
A Year of Tablescapes 2015


A great DIY project will get you through winter. Learn how to make a monogrammed side table at The Painted Apron.
monogram side table


If you're planning a Valentine's party, you'll adore the free printable treat bag toppers by Easy Peasy Pleasy.


The Rebel Chick  has a clever, delicious recipe for Valentine's Day cookies. You'll adore the ease and brilliance of her secret ingredient.
Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies



Winter is the time for comfort food, and it's even better if you create a comfort dessert. Get the recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Pizza at Mostly Homemade Mom.


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

***Older posts are welcome.

***No limit on the number of posts.

***No "rules," except one: in order to be featured, your photos must be your own.

***Everyone is welcome.

***You are cordially invited to share your blog posts: recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, blog tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).

22 comments:

  1. I love those snow scenes. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did read your post about the deer in your yard, Michael Lee. What a beautiful sight to behold on a snowy day!
    All the features are so wonderful today. Thank you so much for hosting and may you have a fabulous rest of the week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful snow photos, Michael Lee. My little wooden snowmen are all that I've to offer in snowy images. Thanks for hosting. Thanks for braving the elements to take these beautiful images. Stay warm and safe. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something very calming about snow scenes, a shame it's so impractical for everyday life. Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful snow scenes, I think they're so serene and lovely.
    Thank you for hosting big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful scenery and the deer! I see from Kitty's comment you have more snowy scenery I need to see! I took a tumble on Saturday with our glaze of ice, fortunately the only thing that was hurt was my pride. :)

    Thank you so much for sharing my winter window boxes AND my table recap too! I'm honored to be featured here among all the inspiration each week.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snow pictures are so pretty. The snow is slowly melting here but after 27 inches, I don't think we will see grass for awhile! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your snow! We barely got an inch :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad the snow wasn't too bad in Tenn Michael Lee, I know you are understandably not a fan...Thank you for always being such a gracious hostess, I'm very flattered to be a feature this week. Stay cozy-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos, Michael Lee! Amazing how fast the snow melted. Wish it would melt that fast when it snows here! Thanks for the party and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for featuring my brownie pizza this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your snow pictures are so pretty, here it looks like snow mountains as the plows and front end loaders have made mountains, looking for a place to put it all! Mary is SOOOO inspiring, every post is amazing. Loved the deer picture too. Thanks for hosting and DON'T FALL!!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your property is beautiful with the deer on it! Thanks for hosting! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Michael Lee,
    Thank you for the party. Have a great weekend. Take care, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful snow! I'm down here in Florida, and would love to get some of that every once in a while. I keep telling my husband we should visit his family (in Indiana) in January. Thanks for hosting, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Gorgeous! Thank you for hosting such an amazing party. I would love it if you would stop by our party that goes until Friday @ 7 pm. We pin and tweet everything! Have an fabulous day! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky you- I wish our snow would melt away that fast! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay!!! Thank you so much for the feature Michael! As always, thank you for hosting the party! I get more referrers from this link party than all the other ones combined! I really appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your photos of the snow look gorgeous Michael Lee, although cold. Here I am in Australia, sweating it out with another month of it to go. Then the humidity will be gone and it will be tolerable again. Thanks for the party and have a great weekend!

    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous photos! What a lovely snowy landscape you had for a little while there :-)

    ReplyDelete