Thursday, February 4, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party

I've been waiting for you all week, and now you're finally here. Come on in and get out of the cold. It's time to party at Foodie Friday and Everything Else.

They say that moving to a new house is highly stressful. I believe it. But I found a way to center myself. I became a novice bird fancier. I embellished a store-bought feeder, not knowing how the wildlife would react, but I had to try. I began here:
Within days, the feeder's roof had been damaged by rain (or so I thought), and I patched it with a few items from my pantry.

 The feeder somehow survived another monsoon-like storm, but within hours, it had been pillaged by a few neighborhood rascals. They're so cute, I had to smile. But it's back to the drawing board for bird feeder embellishments!

Late this afternoon, I went to HomeGoods for the very first time in my life--and I'm 62 years old. I know, it's a travesty. I was accompanied by two gumpy men, so my haul was severely limited.

Last week's party was just a delight. I am always thrilled to see what you've been up to. I love seeing the creativity and generosity you bring to this party. Here are a few highlights from the last gathering:

Wake up and Start the Day with Skillet Puffy Pancakes by Culinary Envy.

Need a recipe for Game Day? Try Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps by Easy Peasy Pleasy.

If you are a bird enthusiast, here's a great recipe for seed cakes by From My Carolina Home. Your local flock will be delighted and well-fed.
January Snow birds 24

Learn how to make a nourishing homemade birdfeeder by Home Is Where the Boat Is. Mary is my inspiration for birding.

Classic Luggage-Tan Leather for a Family Room Facelift by A Stroll Thru Life.

An Inspiring Craft Room Tour at The Country Chic Cottage.
Tour this organized craft room and several others as part of a craft room tours series! If you have a craft studio, this post is for you!

A Mother's Garden-Themed Birthday Celebration The Lavender Bouquet.

A Guide to Handlettering by Morgan Manages Mommyhood.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***Older posts are welcome.

 ***No limit on the number of posts.

 ***No "rules," except one: in order to be featured, your photos must be your own. ***Everyone is welcome.

 ***You are cordially invited to share your blog posts: recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, blog tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

 ***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

 ***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here. **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).


  1. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a wonderful weekend!

  2. Thank you, Michaell Lee for hosting Foodie Friday and Everything Else.

  3. Thanks so much for hosting. I am loving that updated family room you featured. Off to look at it now. Have a nice weekend.

  4. I want that skillet pancake...

  5. Thank you so much for the feature! It's so appreciates, have a great weekend!

  6. Love the bird feeder! Thanks for the party and have a great weekend Michael Lee!

  7. Oh how fun, you made it to HomeGoods! Next time have more fun and go by yourself. :) All HG are not created equal which I discovered. The one close by me is small and limited but there is one about 30 minutes away that is deluxe. You'll be addicted in no time.

    Adding those edible shingles to your bird feeder roof is brilliant! The birds and squirrels are going to be flocking far and wide...I hope those squirrels share :) Hope you stay warm and cozy this weekend. ♥

  8. It is over a 2 hour drive to a Homegoods from where I live. My wallet thinks this is a good thing! Best Wishes in outsmarting those sneaky squirrels!

  9. Fabulous features!!! We battled the squirells for YEARS at the old house. Now we don't have that battle as there are very few trees:):) Another bonus is we now have BLUE BIRDS!!! What a delight they are! They DO sell "squirrel proff feeders". You can probably find them at Hole Depot or Lowes but definitely online!!!

  10. Your first trip to a Homegoods? How have you survived? My closest one is a couple of hours as well, I'm sure it is for the best!

  11. I hope you like my Bundt pan collection I'm sharing this week.
    Thank you for the inspiring party lovely lady. Gonna visit a couple of guests now.

  12. oh goodness, your first time to HG! You must go back without the chaperones! Thank you for always being such a gracious and welcoming hostess Michael Lee~

  13. I like your bird feeder ideas and also the polka dot bowls in the first photo, perhaps they are one cup measuring cups. They are cute. I have not been to Homegoods and haven't heard of it til your post. Ha ha.

  14. Thanks so much for hosting and including The Lavender Bouquet in your blog highlights! I'm sharing your blog today with my mother and on my Facebook page. She loves feeding her birds too!

  15. Your blog is so tasteful and classy! As a new blogger, you are an inspiration to me! Thank you for hosting this link up!

  16. Your first trip to HomeGoods!!! I could live in HomeGoods, just wander around for hours. I don't even have to buy anything. Your bird feeders are so cute! After ours was pillaged on a daily basis by a raccoon, we had to get the heavy duty squirrel and raccoon proof - not cute, but now all the birdies get the food!

  17. I love Home Goods! I was mid 60's or older before I even knew they existed! When I am sufficiently mended from one thing and another, one of the first places I intend spending time is Home Goods. Energy is returning, so I am hopeful it will be soon. I definitely "need" a couple of things.
    Thanks so much for hosting!

  18. Hi Michael Lee! What a wonderful party and I just love your snaps today. Hope all is well with you and your family as you're getting settled in your Burger! Thanks for popping in to check on me. I'm poodling along on my walker! :) Starting out of my home PT next Tuesday so I'm hoping for lots of improvement. Blessings to you.
    Shelia ;)

  19. Thank you so much for featuring my post! I really enjoy your blog, weekly linky, and your journey with the ranchburger. Thanks for hosting this linky!

  20. Love your blog, you have great style! Thank you for hosting every week. You may want to visit Sutton Avian Center, they are "All About Birds"

  21. Just found your party! Thank you so much for hosting!

  22. Hello cute lady! Thank you for hosting such an amazing party! We would love to see you at our party that goes until Friday @7. We pin and tweet every post! Happy Day! Lou Lou Girls

  23. Lots of great ideas to explore!

  24. Wow!!! I feel so honored!!! Thank you so much for the feature this week! Those sweet chicken bacon wraps are my whole families go to appetizer! Have you found your button for me to grab yet?

    I think you are gonna have to buy a bird feeder that the squirrels can't get into! Lol! I love me some Homegoods! I don't get in their as often as I would like though. You may be in trouble!😉

  25. Sooo...what exciting things did you find at HomeGoods? And, wait a're 62 years old?! I've seen pictures of you on your blog and IG and I had you pegged in your 40's! Thanks for hosting the link party. I joined for the time. :-)

    1. How very kind of you to say so. Thank you! At HG, I bought a tablecloth, napkins, pasta, and Valentine's candy.