Thursday, February 25, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

 The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party
February 25th - 26th
*  * *


I fell into a rabbit hole this week. The Ethan Allen furniture finally arrived, and it was an adventure, one with pockets of surprise, happiness, and regret. I'll share all of the juicy gossip on my decorating diary--pictures included--this weekend. On a happier note, I'm enjoying the Master Gardener Class. For the first time ever, I am growing herbs from seed. If I am successful, I'll be sure to pass along tips. I'm leaving in a little while for a club dinner and class. Tonight, the topic is "It's Soil, not Dirt." In my mind, I will call it by its proper name, but I don't think I'll ever be able to say, "Gosh, look how much soil I have under my fingernails."
Note: In tonight's class, I learned that dirt is displaced soil. So, after an afternoon of gardening, it's absolutely correct to say you have dirty fingernails, clothes, and shoes. :-) 


Here are my favorites from last week's party:

Hand's down, you all loved the post by An Old Fashioned World. I did, too. If you haven't met Rue, or visited her addictive, beautifully written blog, run over to see her now.



I lived on bland butter cookies all winter, and now I'm craving Pineapple Bars by Something Sweet.


If you are ready for something delicious and spring-like, try Slow Roasted Banh Mi Sandwich by I Thee Cook.


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***Older posts are welcome. *

**No limit on the number of posts. Post as many links as you wish.

 ***No "rules," except one: in order to be featured, your photos must be your own. ***Everyone is welcome.

 ***You are cordially invited to share your blog posts: recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, blog tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

 ***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

 ***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here. **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).

16 comments:

  1. I look forward to your decorating diary, Michael Lee, and all the juicy gossip. Enjoy your club tonight and be sure to give us all the "dirt"! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are enjoying Master Gardeners. It's such a wonderful program and I know you will have a lot of knowledge to offer to the group. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be a "master gardener"...I kill everything! Thanks for hosting again and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can't wait to find out about growing herbs from seeds! That would save me a ton of money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved master gardeners when I was a member years ago. I also love getting dirt/soil under my fingernails. :) I was in the herb special interest group as well as the rose group. Great fun - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Features! Thanks for the party, Michael Lee and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soil, I'll need to work on using that term too. '-) Enjoy your class and dinner. It's moving into springtime here. Roses have been pruned and fed, and we had a heavy rain the night after. Thank you, Mother Nature!
    Thanks for hosting. Enjoyed the features!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting! This is a terrific party full of tons of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so very sweet my friend. Thank you for the feature. I don't think anyone will run over, but I appreciate the thought LOL I can't wait to hear the story of your Ethan Allen adventure. I'm sure it's a story of epic proportions as all furniture deliveries are LOL

    Love you,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning and THANK YOU for featuring my Pineapple Bars

    I'm honored
    I wish you a lovely weekend and thank you for hosting this party

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun with the garden planning Michael-Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello foodies, an everything else. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Michael Lee,
    I just discovered your blog and I am already in love with it! I took the liberty of joining the party and I sincerely hope you don't mind! Wishing you a fantastic Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are enjoying the Master Gardener Class. I wonder if it is the same in all the states? Do you have a binder notebook about three inches thick?
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete