Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Easter Ideas for Exhausted People

In celebration of Easter weekend, I'm sharing my favorite ideas for food and centerpieces--all are super easy.

A centerpiece can be assembled in minutes by stacking cake plates, then adding grocery-store flowers, candied eggs, and chocolate bunnies. Shop your house for small items that compliment your vignette.










 Small, individual carrot "bouquets" add a whimsical--and different--touch to your table. 

Colorful candy on a glass pedestal can add a simple but elegant touch. Assembly time: 10 seconds.



Food Ideas for Exhausted Cooks:

A strawberry-cucumber salad with dill, mint, and organic pansies. Just slice and arrange in circles.You can garnish with a little strawberry vinaigrette, if you like.


Cornish Hens baked in a Cast Iron Skillet are always hearty--and easy.

Since Easter is early, Peter Rabbit has been busy.

Shop the local markets for fresh vegetables, then create an (eventually) edible centerpiece. 



If you're pressed for time, buy a bakery cake and garnish it with roses.

Or buy a pound cake, spread on canned icing, and garnish with candied eggs. Place tulips in the cake's center hole (a small juice glass fits most "holes" in store-bought cakes. Just fill with water and flowers and place in the "hole").

Hope you are having a pleasant Easter week!

Shared at:
Wow Us Wednesdays

19 comments:

  1. Your strawberry and cucumber salad is a real work of art Michael! Happy Easter Planning:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Lee, What beautiful, fun ideas! And your blog looks all deck out for Spring, too! I'm going to put flowers in the middle of a cake this Sunday and I'm going to let my family think I thought of it myself! ;) You and I and all of Blogland will know the truth!
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! These ideas are just precious! Love how the store bought cake looks and love the tip about the flowers in the glass that fits down in the hole! You're the smartest one too! :) Now grab a napkin because I've drooled all over your beautiful cake stand! :) Lord, it's purdy! Happy Easter, sweet friend.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me with your post title. You are who I want to be when I grow up! (we are the same age, I am just aspiring). Your post is just what I needed after weeks of preparations and hosting a couples baby shower for my youngest daughter last weekend. 85 people. I used a caterer for the first time and honestly it was more stress than just cooking the food myself. I am over hosting and dinner. Until I saw your suggestions. I can add a ham and do this! It is a table to impress. So creative and so "unexhausting". Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not everyone could stack cake plates and add bunnies and flowers with such aplomb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little Peter rabbit is so cute! My daughter and her hubby are treating us to Easter lunch this year...so it will be low key for me. Ha! I want to take a pretty centerpiece for her though. Thanks for the ideas. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not even the least bit ready for Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All wonderful ideas ! Thank you ! I enjoy your blog so much....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the great ideas - they are all terrific.
    Happy Easter.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michael Lee: What a pretty post today. I love the idea of the cake with the flowers in the center. That's a great idea. And that little bunny with the wheel-barrow...cutest thing ever. I hope you have a very Happy Easter. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful ideas! I need to get started. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super. Cute ideas!! Love the Peter Rabbit Garden! I'm going to do it ! Happy Easter to you !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creative idea using a juice glass for flowers in a cake center! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michael Lee, This is the perfect post for me. I am so far behind in my Easter meal planning. I've been debating what to serve as dessert, but now I know I'll make a bundt cake and fill the center hole with a bouquet of flowers. What a great and easy idea! I see Hunca Munca sitting on the cauliflower. I just love her! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your easy, breezy ideas for exhausted people, Michael Lee. Of course, your store bought cakes that you always garnish superbly with fresh flowers, always make me smile. Hapoy Easter week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michael Lee, Thank you for hopping down the bunny trail with a delicious Easter round-up! I have fond memories of Peter Rabbit and forgot how good and easy that strawberry-cucumber salad is! Happy Easter! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun ideas...now to just get the house clean...lol, Sandi

    ReplyDelete