Thursday, March 3, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else


This afternoon, as I sit down at my desk, it's 40 degrees, damp and foggy. The new-old house has turned into an adventure, one that I am welcoming with open arms. 


As I change the house, it is changing me. Here are the highlights of my week: Decorating Diary: Or the Argh Files and When a Room Turns Churlish. The Master Gardener class is helping me learn about the natural world--and myself. I began to realize this when I wrote Slice of Life on the Hilltop.


I'm looking forward to visiting with you at Foodie Friday and Everything Else. It's my pleasure to share a few highlights from last week's party:

Even though spring is on the way (eventually!), we crave comfort.  Learn how to create warmth in your life over at To Simply Inspire.

***

I loved reading about the story behind the leopard print pillows in Debra Oliver's living room. Years ago, I had a booth in an antique mall--I think we are soul mates. You'll enjoy reading her post at  Common Ground.

***

Don't miss the epic bathroom transformation by Urban Jane. The before and after photos are amazing. 

***

As a Louisiana native, I have a weak spot for Muffulettas and pecan bars. They are perfect all the time, especially for potlucks and picnics. You'll find a wealth of information, photos, and food history at the delightful blog, Salmagundi.

***

I'm enjoying another delightful blog, Garden Thyme with Diana. Hop on over and say hello to Diana.

***

If you are planning your menu for St. Patrick's Day, you will adore the clover deviled eggs by Happier Than a Pig in Mud.



The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***Older posts are welcome. *

**No limit on the number of posts. Post as many links as you wish.

 ***No "rules," except one: in order to be featured, your photos must be your own. ***Everyone is welcome.

 ***You are cordially invited to share your blog posts: recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, blog tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

 ***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

 ***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here. **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting and for the beautiful features! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra's living room is lovely.
    Thank you so much for hosting.
    Have a great weekend ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's supposed to warmer this weekend, I'm hoping to get out and do some gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely features, Michael Lee, and thank you for hosting. May you have a happy weekend ahead on the hilltop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely features Michael Lee, that Lynn can do amazing things with deviled eggs! Glad you're settling in to your new home...thank you for the no rules party today!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many beautiful features! I didn't know you were from Louisiana...no wonder you're such an incredible cook! :) Seriously, I adore the food. Thanks so much for hosting again this week!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michael! Thank you so much for featuring my bathroom transformation! So honoured to be part of that line-up! :) Thank you for hosting again, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend in beautiful Louisiana! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting! And who can turn down a muffelatta??? Delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that living room with leopard prints. Thanks for hosting..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the shout-out Michael! Have a great weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to read you're settling in to your home and surroundings. ♥ Thank you for our weekly Foodie Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love following the changes of the "ranch-burger" ... great features too. I must make the green eggs from HappierThanAPig. ... and again thank you for FFAEE. Thank you for allowing us to link up via Instagram, as to I no longer am a blogger.
    Jo May

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting the fun party and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the post. Love your blog. Such inspiration.
    Appreciate you mentioning my blog in your post. Enjoying the updates about your house. Hope you'll continue with the herb series. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting Michael Lee. Enjoy the onset of Spring.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I missed the party this week, Joe and I are both not feeling so great....bad colds. I'll be back next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed the party last week, and I'm just now catching up on your posts. Thanks so much for the feature and sweet comment. LOVED your Birding post this week! xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete