Thursday, March 31, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

It's time to party at Foodie Friday and Everything Else. 
What have you been up to this week? Me, I'm waiting for April 15th, the traditional planting time in the mid-South. Our weather has skidded all over the place--a warm, sunny day is followed by wind, rain, and cold snaps. During this in-between time, I've kept busy.

The Carolina Jessamine vine has been in full glory for a month, brightening the upstairs patio. On cooler days, I've attempted to grow a few things from seeds--herbs, edible flowers, etc. I've also made a few container gardens for the kitchen. My potting shed is in a sad state. If you have ideas, please let me know!

Are you gearing up for spring? Do you have gardening or decorating plans?
You'll be inspired by last week's party. Here are a few highlights:

A Simple Southern Sunday at Everyday Living.

How to Save Big Money Each Spring by Mountain Mama.

Don't You Just Love Teapots by Fabby's Living.

First Impressions at The Lavender Bouquet.

Light and Refreshing Raspberry Muffin in a Mub by Chemistry Cachet.

Pico de Gallo Chicken Sandwich by All She Cooks.
low fat chicken salad recipe

Apple Walnut Salad by Nancy On the Homefront

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***No "rules," anything goes.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note)

If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE.
Let's Party!


  1. Hi Michael,

    Yes, I am gearing up for spring! It's already beautiful here in N.C. with lots of flowering trees and such, but like you, we've had plenty of cold snaps. These are great features from last week; I love Fabby's blog and her wonderful collection of china!

    Hope you have a good day and thank you for hosting!



  2. Michael Lee, I jumped right into some landscape gardening chores today, and now my achy muscles are letting me know I'm no spring chick anymore (but at least my allergies or cold or whatever I had is settling down - yuk!). We have a long overdue home project going on, too, so I'm feeling rather accomplished this week, lol! Thank you for hosting us.
    Rita C at Panoply

  3. We are enjoying warm weather here but way too early to plant - here in Canada, we wait till around Victoria Day weekend in May. Thanks for hosting!

  4. It seems the weather is all over the place everywhere! Today it is 70 and by Sunday the HIGH will be 47 with wind chills in the 30's. UGH. I bought some pansies to enjoy but am ANTSY to get to planting time!!! Wonderful features, I am off to visit some. Thanks for this great party!!!!

  5. Thanks so much for featuring my raspberry muffin in a mug recipe!! Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for hosting :)

  6. Can't wait for Spring to really spring here! Soon soon I'm sure. Our frost free planting isn't until early June! I usually go ahed and plant but have to chase everything to cover it up when a frost warning goes up.
    Thanks for hosting the party!

  7. Crazy temperatures. We still have freezing nights but it's perfect for maple syrup season. Today's low 28 and the high this afternoon was 73! I woke up to a frosty wonderland and by this afternoon, the car window was down at the school bus stop at the end of our road. I don't dare plant anything yet. We've had blizzards in April before.

    Thank you for hosting! Hope you have a nice weekend!

  8. Thanks for hosting the fun party and have a nice weekend and week. :0)

  9. Hi Michael Lee! What lovely features today and I'm so glad to get to attend your party!
    Thank you for hosting.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  10. Love those spring photos! Thank you for hosting. So many good things here, but I have to start with that trip to Replacements Ltd!

  11. What perfect Spring features for today, Michael Lee. Thanks so much for hosting and enjoy your planning for planting.

  12. I am so excited that Spring is here. I love your features and hope you have a fantastic weekend!
    Thanks so much for your parties!
    Miz Helen

  13. I too am counting down the days until April 15th! It looks like this year we may not have the early April freezing spells like we've had the past couple of years.

  14. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee! Have a great weekend!

  15. Love your spring blooms Michael Lee, and yes this weather has been nuts! Hopefully the arrival of April will settle Mother Nature's nerves :)

  16. Love the photos, can't wait until spring arrives here in Vermont! Thanks for featuring my Apple Walnut Salad too! Thanks for the party! Have a great weekend.
    - Nancy (Nancy On The Home Front)

  17. Wow, it's definitely spring at your house. Thanks so much as always for hosting and I hope you have a lovely weekend. I'm off now to check out that chicken sandwich. Yum.

  18. Beautifu spring photos. Spring is in full swing here. The wildflowers are gorgeous and the redbud trees have already bloomed out. My iris are blooming, and the roses are in bud. Our warm weather has everything budding out. Have fun with your garden!

  19. We have had crazy weather too. Very cold this week had to turn on the heat and next week it's going to be 90 degrees. Great party with lots of interesting blogs.

    All my roses are in bloom and they look spectacular, along with my iris. Need to get cracking and do a post with all my pretty flowers.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

  20. Thanks for hosting! Have a wonderful weekend! xo

  21. Beautiful spring photos and even though it is 65 here this morning, we will be getting snow Saturday night. Thanks for hosting, and it's nice to see you having fun in the garden!

  22. Thanks for the foodie fun! Your garden photos are so vivid and making me anxious for spring planting! Your Carolina Jessamine is gorgeous trailing along on your iron railing, the aroma must be amazing. We have the same frost day here in NC, I'll meet you at the state line at the closest garden center :) Off to see what your Potting Shed is up to! ♥

  23. thanks so much for the pretty features...and for hosting.

  24. Thanks so much for having the party! Can't wait to visit some new bloggers (to me). I love your blog. Have a great weekend!

  25. Thanks for hosting! I just noticed your profile pic and it's gorgeous, Michael! You're gorgeous! Have a blessed weekend!

  26. Thanks a million for the feature, Michael - I'm so honored!! Winter is returning to the mountain top tonight and spring seems an eternity sad!

  27. OMG! I've been with a cold and got better and got sick again, so maybe that's why I missed this great party and I'm also featured! I'm not at all ungrateful, I'm very sorry!
    Wow, I'm so honored to be featured at your great party sweet Michael, you are a very generous hostess!
    Thanks a ton and for hosting now too. I'm so happy it's still open.
    Hope you're enjoying your weekend.