Thursday, March 10, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. 
Earlier this week, I awoke at 5:30 a.m. to take my mom for her cataract surgery, and I was greeted by a magnificent sunrise. 

The real blessing is, after my mom's surgery, she could see the pictures I'd taken on my itty bitty phone. Until that moment, she'd been viewing the world through a veil. 

I'm happy to share highlights from last week's party:

A beautiful master bedroom update by Gates of Crystal.

My Kentucky Living tried blue accessories in her living room, and the result was gorgeous.

A dreamy pink and gold wedding shower luncheon by Purple Chocolat Home.

Healthy and delicious honey-lime salmon by A Saucy Kitchen.

Melt in your mouth potatoes by Serenity Cove.

Did you know you can link to the party via your Instagram account? Check out Mayo Clinic Tuna Salad Sandwiches by JoMay at Loblolly.

If you're looking for a cute Easter idea, check out the edible "Bunny Racers" by My Thoughts, Ideas, and Ramblings.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***Older posts are welcome.

***No limit on the number of posts. Post as many links as you wish.

 ***No "rules," except one: in order to be featured, your photos must be your own.

***Everyone is welcome.

 ***You are cordially invited to share your blog posts: recipes, DIY projects, gardening adventures, tablescaping, decorating ideas, home remodeling, nest fluffing, fashion, family life, pets, time management, photography, health tips, blog tips, nutrition, nature, shopping, travel, and everything else.

 ***To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

 ***If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs. If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available here. **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note).


  1. How nice of you to take your mom, and I know she must be so happy to see more clearly.
    The features are beautiful and tasty today, Michael Lee. Thanks so much for hosting!

  2. Thank you so much for the great party.
    Have a lovely weekend ahead.

  3. Michael Lee - thanks so much for featuring our bedroom! I hope it's alright that I posted it again as it has more updates!
    love and blessings~
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

  4. So glad you mom's cataract surgery went well. Both my husband & myself had it done last year and for the first time in a very long time I can drive without glasses. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

  5. What beautiful sunrise photos! Hope your Mom is doing well. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

  6. What a gorgeous sunrise! So glad your mom can see clearly now!

  7. thanks so much for the pretty features...and for hosting.xoxo

  8. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee! Great features this week!

  9. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a lovely weekend!

  10. Thank you for another party Michael Lee, don't you wish you were a guest at Jacqueline's shower extravagnza, wow, she does it right! Happy Spring

  11. Isn't it a miracle how the cataract surgery improves things so much! My mom had her eyes taken care of some time back and right away her vision improved even for reading purposes. That was a beautiful sunrise- what a great way to start the day!

  12. Thank you for the party, Michelle Lee. Have a great weekend.

  13. Glad your mom's surgery was successful! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous sunrise. I'm rarely up early enough to see the sun rise. Ha!
    Beautiful features, Michael Lee.

  14. thanks for the great party, and yea for your mom's new "outlook" at life!

  15. So glad to hear your Mom's surgery went well Michael! Have a great weekend:@)

  16. Glorious sunrise! Cataract surgery is amazing! Thanks for the Foodie fun and everything else. ♥

  17. First time here....thanks so much for the party!! Lovely blog! :)

  18. So glad to know your Mother can see better. Isn't it amazing what medicine can do? Thank you so much for hosting us each week.

  19. A sunrise or sunset always reminds me of God's signature! So pretty! Thanks for hosting!

  20. Glad your mom's surgery was successful! Thanks for sharing the awesome sunrise. Each morning I look out the window to watch the sunrise. Great way to start the day!

  21. Thanks for the party Michael Lee. The smart phones today are amazing. I use mine more than my camera most of the time. Enjoy your weekend.

    Anne xx

  22. Yep, forget about sunsets, give me sunrises! I don't think anything is more invigorating especially since my corner of the world is cloud-shrouded! Happy to hear your mom's surgery went well and just in time to see the beauty of spring!

  23. Wonderful that your mother can now see much better! And thank you for the feature too! Sheila

  24. Thank you for hosting the lovely party!
    Have a great week~