Thursday, March 17, 2016

Irish Blues: A Tablescape for St. Patrick's Day


Inspired by the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula, blue linen and glassware take center stage on this casual St. Patrick's Day table.  




A cottage-style centerpiece featured hydrangea, four leaf clover, tulips, ferns, ivy, daffodils, roses, and dried flowers. Everything was tucked into a white wicker basket.


 






 

As a novice birder, I was thrilled when, shortly after we moved to the new house, I unpacked four "egg" plates. I'd bought them several years ago but they'd remained in the box. Life had just gotten too bumpy to set the table. As I held up a plate, I wondered if my past life had known what lay ahead--smoother days, with the joy of bird watching and tending to my local flock. 

The first plate shows the speckled egg of a Golden-Crested Wren.

The beautiful egg of an American Robin is depicted on another plate.

The third plate shows a Nightingale egg.

Finally, a Meadow Lark's egg.

The stainless flatware shows British flowers.


I'm truly happy to share my second tablescape at the new house. 


Happy St. Patrick's Day.
See you all at Foodie Friday and Everything Else at 5 PM today (Thursday, March 17th).

Resources:
Tablecloth and napkins: Cynthia Rowley (HomeGoods)
Glassware: HomeGoods
Flatware: Portmeiron "Botanic Garden"
White dinner plates: Big Lots
Egg Plates: Williams-Sonoma
Napkin Rings: Pottery Barn
Aqua striped dish towel: HomeGoods

Shared at:

18 comments:

  1. I am loving your blue linen and glassware table! Ever since I was a child, I have loved Robin Egg blue. I'm sure you enjoyed setting this table in your new home! Happy St. Paddy's Day ♣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your egg plates are gorgeous and aren't you glad you saved them. Your centerpiece will be my inspiration for my Easter centerpiece as well.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bluetiful! My 5 Irish gkids have beautiful blue eyes, and Irish names, Lily, Michael, Seamus, Declan and Eamon. You have captured so many beautiful shades of blue, it sings Spring! Happy St. Patrick's Day, ML! Much happiness in your new home and God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is such a beautiful floral arrangement and lovely egg plates. happy spring!
    lauren at laurensparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty table, Michael!! Your flower centerpiece is just amazing -- wish I could do big arrangements like that. :) Your bird plates, goblets, and flatware are all beautiful. We love bird watching here at our house, too. We have six feeders hanging outside our kitchen window, and it's a pleasure to watch the various birds feeding there.

    Looking forward to joining in the party tonight!

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade of blue is dazzling and that centerpiece is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty! Don't you just love the serendipity of the bird egg plates?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful non-traditional SPD table...aqua is my favorite color for tablescapes. ♥ the egg plates. I thought the linens looked familiar, I used the tablecloth on my last tablescape!
    Happy SPD, Michael Lee ♣

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty colors and the egg plates are great. Wishing you a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael Lee, These are really perfect colors for the Emerald Isle, which actually has much blue and muted natural colors mixed into its landscapes. I'm so happy you are finding such joy and peace at your new home. Home should be such a place, where we are sheltered and revived. I LOVE the egg plates~~perfect for a pretty spring table. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your egg plates are so pretty Michael Lee. And they are perfect for your new house. Happy Saint Patty's Day.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to hear life has settled down! I love your egg plates. Each is a simple beauty. Gorgeous table Setting! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. The table setting is springtime fresh. I hope you dined there afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stunning blue! And those egg plates. Just amazing. Happy that you are loving the birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a dark, grey, cold day here and it was such a pleasure to open your beautiful post this morning! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous tablescape - simply lovely and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michael Lee, this is gorgeous! The basket of flowers, the blue glass, and those egg plates all have me smiling. Hope your SPD was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for joining in with this gorgeous table! I remember the nuns telling us blue was the true color of Ireland! Happy Easter! We are waiting for a snow storm tonight! :(

    ReplyDelete