Thursday, April 21, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. This week brought summery weather, and I just couldn't stay indoors another second. I attended a tree identification seminar. (I've still got a long, long way to go until I can identify doodly squat.)

All week, I've worked on the trellis garden.

We also enjoyed a family reunion in the Upper Cumberland.

I thought it would be fun to do a flashback feature: a year ago this week, I was remodeling the ranchburger's kitchen.

All this time later, I'm slowly getting settled. Still looking for the other antler.

I'm pleased to share the most popular features from last week's party:

A French Country Farmhouse Tour by Peonies and Orange Blossoms.

A Spectacular Garden Tour by Living with Thanksgiving.

You can maintain a tidy house if you abide by one rule. Get the specifics at Morgan Manages Mommyhood.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***No "rules," anything goes.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note) If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE. Note: This week, the Inlinkz thumbnails will appear in random positions so everyone will have an opportunity to be in the first column.

 Ready to have a great time?


  1. What a lovely representation of last week's party. So glad your kitchen is coming along so well. We start on ours in 2 weeks. I am already jittery. Thanks for hosting ML and have a great spring weekend.

  2. Oh my goodness, your kitchen is beautiful Michael!! So glad to see my friend Bonnie's post featured from last week; she's such a nice person. :) That tree trunk reminds me of our poplar trees.

    Thank you for hosting and have a great weekend!


    Denise at Forest Manor

  3. I sure do love your kitchen! Thanks for hosting!

  4. Wow your kitchen looks great!! I am loving this weather too!

  5. Ahhh...that kitchen makes my heart melt! Great features and thanks for hosting again!

  6. Thanks for hosting! The weather where I am is gorgeous as well! Have a wonderful weekend!

  7. The family reunion with such cutie pies must've warmed your heart, Michael Lee. Your kitchen is stunning with the most wonderful range and artwork...I'm swooning! Thanks for hosting and enjoy your gardening time.

  8. Wow you've been busy! Your trellis garden looks great! Can't wait to see it in the summer when it's filled out! Cheers.

  9. Your kitchen is coming along fantastic! Your darling are to die for... adorable!
    Thank you sweet lady for the great party.
    Big hugs,

  10. Oh what a difference a year makes...Keep Calm & Ranchburger On! ;) Love those sweet smiling faces eating watermelon!

  11. Sounds like you had a terrific time at the Family Reunion and the girls are beautiful. Look so cute eating watermelon.

    Thanks for the great party - have a wonderful weekend.


  12. Thank you dear blog friend for hosting, have a great weekend.

  13. Michael Lee, thanks for featuring my friend's garden today. It is truly a wonderful garden all seasons of the year.Thank you for hosting each week. There is inspiration galore. Bonnie

  14. Raining here all week, so no gardening. I did get a garden post done for this week though. Does that count? ;-)
    Your grands are adorable. Love the idea of a look back with the "today" photo. Gorgeous kitchen!
    Thanks for hosting!

  15. Thanks for featuring my spring house tour! Enjoyed the kitchen flash back... You'll find the other antler some day!

  16. Michael Lee, thanks for your fun party.. I loved Bonnie's tour of that beautiful garden too...
    Love, Mona

  17. Your garden is coming along nicely- love the colors of the new plants! How fun to go to a family reunion- the pictures of the kids are adorable. Love seeing pictures of your kitchen- you've never really shown it after it was done. Your counters are gorgeous and I really like the wall with the range and vent hood- really sharp. I hope you can find the other antler set! Thanks as always for the party!

  18. Oh my, what a glorious kitchen - drooling!!!

  19. Your trellis garden is coming along beautifully Michael Lee! As for the two children they are certainly adorable and as cute as the statuette in the Fiddler's Grove M.G. garden. With that said; when you have some time do hope you will share with us a tour of your completed and fantastic kitchen. i.e.: What kind of cabinet hardware did you finally decide upon, finishes etc. -Brenda-
    P.S.: Still loving your counter tops that IMHO were well worth the hunt ... ☺.