Thursday, April 28, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

 Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Last night, a storm knocked out our Internet, but the cable guy repaired everything before I could drive to a place that offered free Wi-Fi (I was hoping Dunkin Donuts would). Later today, I plan to do a little gardening, applying lots of insect repellent. Would you believe I've already been bitten by two ticks?

I thought it would be fun to do another flashback Friday--are you game? Three years ago, in April 2013, I grilled salmon on cedar planks.

In late April, 2014, I smoked a rainbow trout. The crabmeat stuffing was superb, and bacon brought all the flavors together.

Last April 2015, the trellis garden was untended but still magnificent.

This year, we replaced the rotten trellis boards--and the electric company trimmed the wisteria--at least, I think it's a variety of wisteria--as it was growing too near power lines.

 This April, I also began to organize the garage.

Are you spring cleaning? Working on an outdoor or indoor project? Do you have recipes or tablescapes to share? We can't wait to see what's going on in your neck of the woods.

I'm delighted to share a sampling from last week's party. Just click on the link to visit these lovely, talented bloggers.

Spring in the Biltmore Gardens by House at Forest Manor.

Rhubarb-Chevre-Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Box Bars by Fit Cakes.
Rhubarb Chevre & Peanut Butter Cookie Icebox Bars | gf and low carb |

Easy Fried Mozzarella Sticks by All She Cooks.

How to Make a Perfectly Stocked Cleaning Caddy by In the New House Designs.

A Little Monkey Business Quilting by Jo on Legacy lane.

Thanks to all of the talented bloggers who participate each week--you are awesome!

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***No "rules," anything goes.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note) If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE.

 Ready to have a great time?


  1. Hi Michael,

    I love your garden gazebo -- it's just beautiful! Your grilled salmon and rainbow trout look and sound wonderful. :)

    Thank you so much for featuring my blog post this week; I'm very honored!!! This is such a beautiful, and busy, time of the year -- everyone has lots of great things to post.

    Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!



  2. Yes, I have been spring cleaning like crazy! Love this time of year! Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!

  3. Oh my, both those fish meals look tremendous! My neighbor has already had to take antibiotics for a tick embedded over a week - not good. With the rain we've had in the past two days, I'm starting to see my poppies & irises bloom, making it hard to resist planting more color! The birds & rabbits have been busily fluffing nests, and today I saw the first family of Canadian geese. Love the season! Thank you for hosting the all inclusive party, Michael Lee!

  4. Your foodie flashbacks look scrumptious, Michael Lee, and your trellis is going to fill out nicely. Hope you can keep the ticks away with insect repellant, because we want out Master Gardener safe and healthy. Thanks for hosting your party, and enjoy your time outdoors, and hopefully bug-free!

  5. I love the look back! I remember when you did the salmon:) We have been to Biltmore in several seasons and Spring is just gorgeous! Thanks for hosting this wonderful party!!! I agree that the vine is wisteria.

  6. My favorite words are "no rules," Michael Lee, so refreshing in this ever limiting politically correct world of today! Love the flashback, the fish is wowza! Thanks for always being such a great hostess,

  7. Remind me to never show you a photo of my garage. The fact that there are 8 chandeliers hanging from the ceiling is only a small part of the problem. Unless you make that trout for me. Then I'll give you a tour of the garage.

  8. Thanks for the party! Glad you're internet is back up! Have a wonderful weekend!

  9. That smoked trout looks amazing! Thanks for the party and have a great weekend, Michael Lee!

  10. Fun to see the flash backs. Your meals look delicious!
    Be ever so cautious about those tick bites, ML. My childhood friend was bitten by a tick, but didn't realize it till much later. She now suffers from Lymes disease. The bite was years ago, but the condition presists. It has left her in much pain and diminished energy.

  11. Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee. Enjoyed your features. I would love to see Biltmore Gardens in the spring. Lovely post From Denise.
    It's been a great spring. Wish it could last forever. Have a great weekend.

  12. Thank you for hosting! How many years have we been together? :o) I think it would be fun to do another flashback Friday and I am definitely game! I still use your recipe for grilled salmon on cedar planks. It is a winner!

  13. You have a gorgeous garden, Michael Lee. Thanks for hosting!....Christine

  14. ML, hubby an I are all finished spring cleaning, we are proud as peacock. Love the features, I have always wanted a gazebo, love yall's. Have great weekend, thank you for hosting this inspiration.

  15. Thanks for hosting the fun and enjoy your weekend and next week. :)

  16. Always a great party at Rattlebridge Farm! Thanks for hosting!

  17. Thanks for the party Michael Lee. I see Spring has finally sprung. We're nearly into May here downunder and I'm still sweltering. I hope that doesn't mean we're in for a long winter! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Anne @ Domesblissity

  18. Love the flashbacks! Thanks so much for hosting a great party, and for featuring my cleaning caddy. Hope you have a great weekend!