Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Slice of Life: Wind


 
Another rip-roaring storm moved through middle Tennessee, with gusts up to 54 miles per hour. We're under a storm warning until 6:15 PM. But it's not as bad as last weekend: the wind knocked down a heavy outdoor chandelier and ripped loose some wires. Scary times until the fixture was repaired Monday.



Our flag holder snapped in half, too, but Tyler replaced it.


I'm nurturing plants in the garage until the weather improves. When I finally plant the delphiniums, believe you me, I'm going to stake them. In the past, the wind has snapped them in half. I don't know why I keep buying them. I guess I'm clinging to the idea of a romantic cottage garden.


If you are in the path of this storm, stay safe!

8 comments:

  1. So glad that you are safe and nothing serious was damaged. We have had some pretty high winds also, but not as bad as yours. So far it did not damage my garden as it is in full bloom now with roses flowering everywhere.

    Stay safe.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stay safe! We have had unusually cold weather and wind the past day or so. I am so ready for spring to finally get here!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, stake your delphiniums, don't let them break this year and then you can have your pretty romantic cottage garden! speaking of which, I need to go put some stakes over the dahlia bulbs I've just planted...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly hope you have no more casualties! Hopefully, you'll be able to plant your lovely plants very soon. Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so glad to hear you are safe. Those are some high winds.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wind ripped through NC too, I thought the roof was going to come off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had the wind too...but all was ok here. Your flag photo is so pretty! Sad story...some one living in an apartment living in Lex Ky was made to remove their American flag from their balcony. Two people in the neighborhood complained according to the news story. Oh My! Oh My!

    ReplyDelete