Thursday, May 5, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. The party began in 2009, back in the olden days of blogging. It's always fun to see old friends--some are original Foodie Friday folks--and to meet new bloggers. The party reminds me of an old fashioned home demonstration club, where people share projects, recipes, home decorating, tablescaping and everything else. 
Speaking of olden time blogging, this week Google rolled out a new change for blogspot blogs--a secure https, which has really made it difficult for me to create new posts. Apparently I have mixed content on my sidebar and in the blog, such as photographs and links to Instagram and Twitter. I'll have to hire a blog fairy to sort it out.
But now, it's party time.



Last week's event was amazing. Did you catch these fabulous features?

Our MT Nest  made spring wreaths.
DSC_0654ec4clw


Garden Thyme with Diana shared the joy of gardening.



All She Cooks  made Cheddar Shrimp Nachos.
cheddar-shrimp nachos


Butteryum made a delicious beef and tomato bake.
Beef and Tomato Bake - ButterYum


A Southerner's Notebook baked a vegetable and goat cheese quiche.



Everyday Made Fresh  made a spinach dip chicken pasta bake.




What's Cooking in the Burbs  shared honey mustard bacon grilled chicken.


Sidewalk Shoes made Thai beef cabbage wraps.
Thai Beef Cabbage Wraps

The Painted Apron  served a rum coffeecake cocktail.
Rum Coffeecake Cocktail 1


To Simply Inspire  made 25 irresistible hummus recipes.

As the Bunny Hops shared DIY confetti balloons.


Domesblissity created a DIY Storage for Toy Leggos.
Simply Stacie made a cookie mix-in-a-jar.

Thanks to all of the talented bloggers who participate each week--you are awesome!

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***No "rules," anything goes.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note) If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.

Ready to party?


26 comments:

  1. Hope you have a very special Mothers Day Weekend and thanks so much for the fun party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. ML, sorry you are having issues with Blogger. Hope you can get it resolved without much difficulty.
    The features are fabulous. That wreath is stunning, and all the food - oh, my!
    Thanks for hosting and Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment on my wreath! And I agree that the food looks so yummy. Must try some of the recipes.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the feature! I hope you find a blog fairy to get you all straightened out! And, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael Lee, I was just chatting with WordPress support this morning about the change from http to https. I noticed all my shares on my posts had dropped to zero over the last few weeks. WP made the switch recently to https and Pinterest and FB don't recognize the http and https URL as the same. Blogging is an adventure! Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day Weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring my Honey Mustard Bacon Grilled Chicken! Have a great weekend, Michael Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the party Michael Lee, I am flattered to be included with all the great features this week, several photos had me almost drooling! Good luck with the blog issues, so frustrating!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting again! I saw that blogger was making some changes but I don't think I have been affected...yet! Hope everything works out! Enjoy your week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the party! All your food featuring look mouth watering! Have a wonderful week! Good luck sorting out the blog stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy, I hope I don't have a problem with posting!!! I use Linda Primmer of Life and Linda blog as my blog fairy. She is awesome! I will be going to get some recipes that you have featured now! Have a most wonderful Mother's day, Michael Leee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a good thing that I already ate because all the features look so yummy! Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee, and I hope you have a joyful Mother's Day weekend. I'm keeping my 18 month old granddaughter through Monday. I'll be needing your exhausted cook manual!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some amazing features and thanks for the party and blogger works the kinks out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting. I can't keep up. Didn't know about the google changes. I'm one of the olden ones in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting this wonderful party each week! And I am thrilled that you featured my wreath!!! Thanks for including my craft project among your features.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though it's been cold, wet, and damp here is Philadelphia, your photos make me feel like it's spring! Thanks for hosting another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for mentioning my Veggie and Goat Cheese Quiche that I posted last week. I had ordered it at a favorite restaurant and after several times testing it I felt I came up with a worthy similarity. Unusual for me since I am one who follows recipes to the letter and this time had to wing it. Because of that it was especially pleasing to me that you made mention of my post. Thank you so much.

    Carolyn/A Southerner's Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great food features!
    Thank you for hosting the party.
    Happy Mother's Day to you Michael.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting all these years! Once I started working six days a week my blogging dwindled. But I always enjoy this party! I must make the honey mustard bacon grilled chicken. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can visualize a group of bloggers gathered having cake and coffee, ML, this is sweet tablescape on your porch. Happy Mothers Day weekend, and thank you for hosting this fun, inspiring party every week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michael Lee! I do remember when you started Foodie Friday all those many years ago. I had never heard "foodie" before you! ;) Thanks for hosting and allowing even nonfoodie posts! ;) Happy Mother's Day.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post features- thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the features this week. Thanks for hosting the fun party Michael Lee. Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Michael Lee for sharing my potting table pic from gardenthymewirhdiana.com
    So many great ideas from your blog. Love the herb series

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am late to the party this week...but better late than not at all. I love your beautiful table and table cloth. So so pretty.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete