Thursday, May 12, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else.  I'm sharing a flashback to May 2013, when I spruced up a store-bought pound cake, and as I recall, the cake was much tastier than anything I've ever baked (or maybe I was hungry?).



 For Mother's Day, I was gifted with two rocking chairs, and they provided the inspiration to work on the upper screened porch. Also, an unscheduled trip to HomeGoods yielded four counter stools ($79 each) that should've been perfect for the kitchen...the right fabric and wood . . . except they turned out to be bar stools. I'm still trying to decide if I should put them in the man cave (and stain the wood) or just return them. I'm taking photos today, and I invite you to return--would love your opinion.

Highlights from last week's party include:

Kale and Provolone Quiche by Living the Gourmet.


How to Make Violet Syrup by The Herbal Spoon.


 Leek-Shiitake Sautee by Make Mine Lemon.


Tiptoe through the Tulips with Notesongs.



A post for all peony lovers by Betty's Cozy Corner.


Vintage Finds by My 1929 Charmer.


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***No "rules," anything goes.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note) If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.

30 comments:

  1. Oh no - too bad about the bar stools! Maybe you can make them work in the man-cave! Thanks again for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate it when that happens (stool.) I am always happy to give my two cent's worth of choice, so let me know if you post about it and I miss it!

    Thank you for hosting the party, always fun to join in. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when that happens!! I don't know how far Home Goods is away for you, for me it's about a 40 minute drive, so chances are when it comes home with me it's staying!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocking chairs are fun. I will be back later to party! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the stools work out for you! Thanks so much for the party!!! Have a beautiful weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ML, I love the bar stools in the man-cave, and they look perfect just the way they are, what does hubby think? If he likes them, great. You know what that means, teehee! Another shopping trip for counter stools, yay! Can't wait to see what yall decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a safe from storms weekend and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember when you blogged about that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the party! The featured quiche looks mouth watering. Hope the bar stools work out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always loved your flower studded cakes Michael Lee, so so pretty! Rocking on the porch sounds like a great reward after a day in the garden~ Thanks for the party,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about the stools, although if it were me I would probably keep them and use them in the man cave. Have a great weekend, Michael Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that cake looks so yummy! Hope you work out your issues with the stools you bought. Thank you so much for hosting! What would us small-time bloggers do without link parties like yours to show our stuff? I appreciate all your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cakes are always works of edible art, Michael Lee! Hope the bar stools work out somewhere, but in the meantime, at least you can rock your cares away. Thanks so much for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michael Lee! That cake looks so pretty. I'd love a slice right now! Too bad about the bar stools~~if I were you I would have the men try them out to be sure they are comfy enough for them in the man cave. Otherwise you will be moving them around for a long time looking for the right place. Can't wait to see them! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the party - lots of great posts.

    Have a wonderful sunny weekend.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your store bought cake looks delicious! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The rockers sound great- at least you can rock and ponder decisions like whether to keep the bar stool! That cake looks too darn good. I'm week in the knees when it comes to desserts! Thanks for hosting- enjoy your upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dressed up, store bought cake looks divine! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yours is one of my favorite link ups. I always find new blogs to follow. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cake is a work of art!!! Thank you for hosting today. Beautiful features as well. ;) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, thank you, sweetness, for featuring my post about the tulips! What gorgeous looking food! Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for hosting! I'm trying that featured quiche this weekend. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks so much for hosting this delicious party...xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh darn! Im sure you'll find the right spot for the bar stools! Thanks for hosting the party, I always enjoy it. Are you accepting new contributors for your Pinterest "Top Food Bloggers" board? I'd love to contribute! - Brittany ( wise.brittanyl@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for featuring my quiche this week! Have a wonderful weekend. xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for hosting. Always enjoy the variety.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful party...Thank you for highlighting my Peony post. I love Spring and I love sharing my garden.
    Joyously,
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  28. I never saw such a nicer store bought cake Michael Lee. Have a great week!

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a beautiful blog. Inspirational, thank you x

    ReplyDelete