Thursday, May 26, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. We're looking forward to a long, restorative weekend, and I'm sure you are, too. Bandwidth's giant smoker made an appearance, always a portent of great, Southern-style food.


I hope to clean the UnderPorch (below the upstairs screened porch). The post-remodeling debris won't disappear by itself, so I've got to roll up my sleeves and tackle the mess. Below, you can see the only area I've cleaned. The rest. . . oh, my. if you saw, you'd need to put a cold rag over your eyes. No, that wouldn't help. We'd have to drink martinis or wine or hard lemonade. Something to make us forget the spiders. That said, I will be sure to take scary "before" pictures and serve virtual Excedrin.

What will you be up to this weekend?


You'll love the Memorial Day ideas from last week's party.

Home Is Where the Boat Is shared 12 recipes to celebrate the holiday (and plenty of great ideas, too).

                                 DSC_0182-001


Dining Delight  shared ideas for wine and cheese in the backyard, along with a fantastic cheese guide.




Everyday Living shared a picnic on the patio. Don't you love the tablecloth! It echoes the garden view.


Suburban Simplicity made strawberry shortcake in a jar--adorable and fresh.


Infuse with Liz shared a Memorial Day-inspired tablescape:


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***No "rules," anything goes.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note) If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.
Put on your party shoes, and let's go!


24 comments:

  1. Hope you and your family have a great weekend and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! What a treat to have my Strawberry Shortcake In a Jar featured. Made my day. Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting and enjoy the long weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the party sweet Michael.
    Hope you have a great Memorial weekend ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck cleaning the Under Porch, Michael Lee. I guess there's no way of getting around it, but to dig right in and get it done! Thanks for the party and Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm craving one of those strawberry filled jars! '-)
    Thanks for hosting and good luck with your project. Hope you get to relax and enjoy the weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful weekend, Michael Lee. Thank you for hosting us.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great party Michael. Don't work to hard on your project - just enjoy the holiday.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great enjoyable Memorial Day weekend, we been so busy I haven't even put out any red,white and blue, boo. I believe we just gonna relax and do a whole lot of nothing and just plenty of porch sitting, yay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the feature! It sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. I don't know for sure what we're going to do but I was able to get my annuals planted last weekend so that was a big load off for me. Don't work too hard. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, these features are all amazing! Thanks so much for this party....my fave:) Have a fabulous weekend. Our SIL graduates Sat. We will have Colleen overnight tomorrow night and all meet for lunch Sat. Our pool is open so we will be enjoying that too, since our temps have SOARED!!!! Have a beautiful weekend. if I was closer I would come help you clean:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for featuring my Wine & Cheese in the Backyard! Always a thrill to have one of my posts highlighted and I appreciate it. Thanks for hosting this wonderful party. Hope you have a good long weekend once your "chores" are done. Here in Canada, we had our holiday weekend last week for Victoria Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michael Lee, Pass the cold rag and pitcher of hard lemonade my way! We have many garden and household chores to tackle this long holiday weekend...my hubby will be beyond ready to go back to work on Tuesday. :) Thanks so much for sharing my red, white and blueberry round-up! Wishing you a wonderful and delicious Memorial Day weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting! I've linked up a whole bunch of recipes - maybe someone finds a little inspiration for the upcoming Memorial Day bbqs.

    Glad I found your blog! Following via bloglovin now!

    Anni @ grapefruitprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a great weekend! Don't spend too much time on the terrifying underporch area!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your features! Thanks for hosting and Happy Memorial Day!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michael. Wishing you a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! Thanks for featuring my patio Tablescape and for hosting the party! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too have some heavy "tidying" to do outdoors this weekend, the garden furniture won't clean itself, unfortunately. When the work is done I'll join you in a cocktail. By the way want is hard lemonade?
    Bon weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm late linking up this week. Have a great Memorial Day, Michael Lee and thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful features! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Memorial Day Weekend Michael, I hope you have a great one:@)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete