Thursday, June 16, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else.
On the hilltop, summer arrived with haze and high temperatures. I water my plants in the evening, a mosquito band looped around my wrist. My mind goes still as the world opens up around me. The air is peppered with the scent of charcoal grills. Someone is cooking with rosemary, which lends an exotic mood. Through the trees, I hear music and splashing fountains. After a few bloomless summers, the hydrangeas are still in their glory. Each flower reminds me to never give up.

With July 4th coming up, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've brought to the party. I am delighted to share a sampling from last week's party.

Lincluden Cottage Life shared the story of her gorgeous Victorian home and brought us along as the exterior was repainted. I adore this cottage and its setting--I know you will, too. (Click on the link to pin.)
***

Charm galore (and a giveaway!) can be found at The Painted Apron. Click on the link to pin.
***

Entertaining from an Ethnic Indian Kitchen shared her front garden. Click on the link to pin.
***

Living the Gourmet shared a lip-smacking recipe for Sweet and Savory Stuffed Shells. Click on the link to pin.
***

Olla-Podrida  shared a refreshing and patriotic Red-White-and-Blue Salad with Fresh Strawberry Dressing. Click on the link to pin.
***

Suburban Simplicity offers a guide to Simple Patriotic Recipes. Click on the link to pin.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***No "rules," anything goes.

*** If you are visiting Foodie Friday and Everything Else for the first time, please note that FOODIE FRIDAY'S featured photographs must be pinned at the source blogs, not from this post. You'll find a link above each image.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note) If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.
Put on your party shoes, and let's go.

22 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here really hungry. I think I need to go fix dinner before I visit these links. ;-)
    EVERYTHING looks yummy! Thanks for hosting and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Lee, thank you for sharing your home, garden, kitchen, and this platform for all of us to join in and do the same.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the party and thanks for featuring my Simple Patriotic Recipes Roundup! Made my day! Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting the fun and enjoy the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting, and for sharing your beautiful hydrangeas and the features! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting Michael.
    Have a nice weekend ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael Lee, I love the view from your French doors...hot & hazy never looked so good! We're looking forward to cooler temperatures this weekend, from the mid 90s to 80s, I hope you are too! Thanks for the Foodie Fun. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Michael Lee, what a view you have from the French doors! Your hydrangeas are gorgeous with the shades of pink, blue and lavender. You must be thrilled with all those blossoms! Thanks for hosting your party and happy weekend to you in your beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo of the patio with the beautiful view and all the gorgeous hydrangeas. And, of course all the pictures of that delicious looking food. I'll have to visit some of those sights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the feature! I am always honored to be in the presence of other such talented bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the opening words which match the pics you've shown perfectly. What a gorgeous view with the hydrangeas! Thanks for hosting this lovely party each week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great posts! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, I love that yellow house in the features!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That view!!! Gorgeous! Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the feature today!!! I am thrilled! Have a great weekend!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous view with those lovely hydrangeas! Thanks for hosting....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. The yellow home is perfect! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great features this week, thanks for hosting a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous view you have from your home!! And that Victorian cottage is just gorgeous - heading over for a peek now!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Michael Lee. I'm so envious of your warm weather. We're just starting winter here in Australia and although not too cold where I am, I much prefer the summer. Thanks for hosting the party.

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete