Thursday, July 14, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

I'm glad to see you this week at Foodie Friday and Everything Else. The Dog Days of summer have arrived a tad early in middle Tennessee. It's hot and dry, and my container garden hovers on the brink, always thirsty and ragged. But I'm not complaining, mind you. Summer is grand. It's vegetable and flower season, and when the mercury rises, it gives me an excuse to stay inside during the hottest part of the day, thinking about cool, refreshing dishes to serve. Grab a plate, a fork, and a tall, frosty glass of sweet tea. 
Last week's event was so much fun. Let's take a look at a few ways to enjoy summer and cope with the heat.

Morgan Manages Mommyhood shared sugar free orange creamsicles. 




Make Mine Lemon shared a refreshing, beautiful fruit salad.


Classy Yet Trendy has a tutorial about Annie Sloane paints and wee succulent gardens. 


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines:

 ***No "rules," anything goes.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note) If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.

21 comments:

  1. I just found some popsicle molds at a thrift store last week, and I am onto all these great recipes for summertime treats! Thanks for sharing/featuring and hosting!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting your fun party and hope you stay cool and have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egads it's hot...I just came in from outside and I need a gallon of something frosty! Hope you're staying cool indoors and thanks for the foodie fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Michael Lee, your grilled pizza is the perfect summertime, picture-perfect dessert pizza! I am drooling just thinking about it.
    Thanks for hosting your party and I hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dog days of summer here too. ;-)
    We are staying inside in the AC and all is good. Stay cool.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting! Your dessert pizza is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been hot and dry up here as well. I love summer too so I'll take the heat especially since 8 months of the year are cold in chicagoland! Have a great weekend, Michael Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the party! Not so hot here in the NW. Mild and even some rain, which is unusual this time of year. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. many thanks for hosting this great party...I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving every minute of summer this year. Thanks so much for the party and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so hot here, I just go out early in the morning. Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great party with so many wonderful recipes. Stay cool, I get my work done early and then close up the house and turn the A/C on and relax. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the party. I like your party the best:) Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the summery fruit salad. Yum. The links are looking great. Thanks for hosting.

    xoxo,
    Sarah @ Gypsy Girl Revivals

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, I'm Nicole from Miss Food Fairy. This is my first time here and it looks some great inspiration to be found :) I'm excited to meet you all.
    I shared 3 recipes but unfortunately I'm having trouble contacting you on Pinterest (my message won't send). I hope you can add my recipes to your pinterest board.
    Thank you for hosting this party :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wish we would get some rain! It all completely fizzles out right before it hits our area! I watched a big line yesterday march across the state and then right as hit us, we could even smell the rain, and then poof it was gone! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michael Lee! Oh, what lovely features and thank you so much for hosting! Hope you're staying cool this summer!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. For a quick and easy frozen treat; purchase snack-pack yogurts, slit the packaging and insert a popsicle stick in each then freeze them. They are easy to do, store well and are nutritious ... ☺. -Brenda-
    P.S.: The grandchildren love them!

    ReplyDelete