Thursday, July 21, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Let's get out of the blistering heat and relax at Foodie Friday and Everything Else.  It's so hot today, the news is warning people to stay indoors and crank up the a/c. Come on inside where it's cool. Pour a tall, frosty glass of your favorite summertime beverage and grab a slice of pie.


Here you go, a lemon icebox pie, freshly prepared by Homemade Interest.

More ideas from last week's party:

When outdoor temperatures spike, it's a great time to stay indoors and fluff the nest. Belle Bleu Interiors  decorated a French pastry table. Love the idea of putting fresh lemons on a cake stand.
Belle Bleu Interiors Charles Faudree 14

Love how Olla-Podrida spruced up her baker's rack.


Homespun Hydrangea  served the perfect summer dish, a crunchy pea and bacon salad.


The Painted Apron explores the beach house lifestyle, focusing on a beloved stretch of sparkling ocean, known to locals (from New Orleans to Pensacola) as "The Coast."
DSC_0086

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines: ***No "rules," anything goes. **Share your food photos with a larger community at Top Food Bloggers on Pinterest. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (so I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed, and I don't want to miss your note) If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.

21 comments:

  1. Lavender bliss! Hot one here today too. Thanks for hosting, ML. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hot here in the northeast as well with no relief in sight! Oh well...I still love the summer! Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your lavender collage at the beginning of the post Michael Lee, so summery! I would also love a real slice of that lemon ice box pie, drool-
    thanks for featuring my beach life style post, I have been quite the bum lately :) Thank you for the party and try to stay cool
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big Lavender fan, and that pie looks fabulous! Thanks so much for the party and have a good weekend.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made that lemon icebox pie, Michael Lee, and it's perfect for summer. All the other features are wonderful, too. Thanks for hosting and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee! Have a good weekend and stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great party this week. Thanks for hosting.

    xoxo,
    Sarah @ Gypsy Girl Revivals

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! This is my first stop @ Foodie Friday and I'm having a blast! Thanks for hosting!
    Michelle @ oblogoff.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the feature! Right now all I can think about is how good that lemon pie looks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great weekend Michael-stay cool:@)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so over the heat right now! We have had about 1/2 inch of rain in the last 3 weeks. Everything is dying. I'm ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michael Lee, The heat wave is just about to hit us here in the northeast today and a slice of that lemon pie would be the perfect thing to help cool me down! I love the lavender and lemon mosaic. Yesterday I received a package in the mail and the contents had been mildly scented with lavender. It was so surprising and uplifting! Thanks for hosting. Stay cool! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marvelous features! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the party to be part of "Everything Else" and have the forum to announce the birth of my first grand child! Today she is five days old. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with Pattie, above, that lemon pie....OOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh that ice box pie looks great and refreshing. Going to have to try it. Happy weekend with love Janice. Now off to see the others

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many great ideas! Where do I start?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your lavender collage is so pretty! Stay cool! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your lavender collage is so pretty and that lemon icebox pie is tempting. Stay cool! -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Lady,
    LOVE yo blog!
    The lavender color is one of my favorites as I used it 42 years ago when I married my sweetheart.
    All the best to you as you adventure through this ole world.
    d

    ReplyDelete