Thursday, September 1, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Hello, September. And hello to all of you--welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Over the last few days, I've noticed how the quality of light has shifted and deepened. It pours over everything like warm pear juice, and suddenly I'm in the mood to roll out dough and dust off my Crockpot.

I was under the weather for a while, but the weather was out of sorts, too. It's been hot, hot, hot. Too hot for my painting projects. Too hot to weed or deadhead. My containers gardens are deep fried, just this side of scorched, and I'm eager to tear them apart and start over with fall flowers. 
What have you been up to? Have you started adding a bit of autumn to your house? Ready to bake?
If so, here are a few great ideas from last week's party:

Check out a scrumptious apple pull apart bread by The Simple Sweet Life.

Our own spectacular Mary at Home Is Where the Boat Is will be featured in a spooktacular holiday issue of Better Homes and Gardens' Halloween Tricks and Treats Magazine. Get a sneak peak at a behind-the-scenes photo shoot plus ideas and recipes. Congratulations, Mary!

If your garden could use a little sprucing for autumn, check out a 3-Step guide to fall container gardening by Chemistry Cachet.

Just in time for Labor Day weekend, you'll love these tips on hosting the perfect cocktail party by Belle Bleu Interiors
GREAT TIPS FOR HOSTING THE PERFECT COCKTAIL PARTY

End the perfect autumn day with Creamy Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup by What's Cooking in the Burbs.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines: ***No "rules," anything goes. **Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (that way, I'll be sure to see your request--otherwise, it may get lost in the feed). **If you need more assistance for Foodie Friday, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.

17 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better. I am finally getting over the shingles. I am also over summer. It was too hot and too dry. I'm ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your sunny September sunflower and pumpkin vignette Michael Lee! So perfect to kick off the month! And yay Mary, I am always telling her she should be in a magazine. Thanks so much for having us, have a lovely Labor Day-
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Lee, This unpleasant summer has made me yearn for fall, too, and I'm not usually anxious to give up the sunny beach weather. I hope you are feeling better now. Some cool, crispy days are on the horizon and we will all have so much more energy! Thanks for hosting. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so hot here my brain is fried! We are finally getting some much needed rain tonight and tomorrow courtesy of Hermine. I don't feel very spectacular but thank you for your high praise and sharing my Halloween photo shoot. <|:>) Wishing you a Happy Labor Day Weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy September! It's finally cooling off in the evenings here in NJ. Hope all is well with you. Have a great weekend and thanks for hosting!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It pours over everything like pear juice..." I love your writing! Yes, indeed, I see the light clearing. Thank you for hosting, I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome links. Thanks for hosting such a lovely party. Have a great weekend.

    xoxo,
    Sarah @ Gypsy Girl Revivals

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you've been under the weather. Hope you are now feeling much better! I'm definitely ready to dust off my crock pot and start baking. I'm feeling very much in a fall mood. Love the features - so much inspiration! I've shared my Spicy Sausage Pasta this week - it's delicious all year round but particularly in the fall. Thank you for hosting and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your fall pillows! Wonderful pics. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed the features. Thanks for hosting!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy first Friday in September to you! I love your features. That pull apart bread looks delicious and is photographed so well. sigh. Speaking of Bake...I've been enjoying the Great British Baking Show. Hope you have a cool Labor Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are better. We've been lucky with some cooler weather and rain, but still the flowers have suffered. Love all the fall touches in your home. Makes me want to get moving in that direction here. I love autumn! Extremely excited for Mary. I've yet to find a copy. Still searching.
    Thanks for hosting. Have a great Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michael Lee, I'm sorry you've been under the weather, hope you're back to yourself now. We just returned from a 22 day trip across the US and back, and oh my, my garden is a mess. My containers look like abandoned children, and the grass looks terrible. I am now ready for the change of seasons, and it can start with reduced temps any day now! Thanks for the wonderful segue with all these great features. Have a great weekend.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are feeling better now☺ The apple bread looks very nice ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete