Thursday, September 22, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Happy Autumn Equinox, the first day of fall. Between you and me, it sure feels like summer. This morning, I replaced a few (dead/fried) plants with vivid and (hopefully) hardy Coreopsis, and within minutes I was completely drenched. But it was worth it.



I've also been painting my father's old drop-leaf table. I added a free-standing shelf to make a sort of hutch. 

After 4 coats of paint, all different . . . 

I'm trying to decide if i should leave the hutch alone or rent an electric sander. What do you think?


Let's take a look at the most-viewed features from last week's party.

1. Designing a tiered tray for fall by Belle Bleu Interiors.
Belle Bleu Interiors Fall Tiered Tray 11


2. Mums in Mason jars by Everyday Living.



3. 50 Shades of Pretty by Just Jan.
img_5058


4. Fall Home Tour by A Stroll Thru Life.



5. A Harvest of Fall Tablescapes and Inspiration by Home Is Where the Boat Is.







































The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines

**Old and new posts are welcome.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message. Thanks!).

 **If you need more assistance for Foodie Friday, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party:

27 comments:

  1. Happy Fall, Michael Lee! Gosh, you've been busy, and everything you touch turns magical. I haven't even gone into my garden this past week, it's been so hot. I love, love, love how you married your dad's table with that shelf to make the hutch! I like it just how it is! Thanks so much for hosting, and have a great weekend.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hutch creation turned out fabulous Michael Lee, I wouldn't change a thing! Love the color and the weathered look, it's perfect! I have to clean out all my dead plant filled planters this weekend, ugh! I wish I had your gardening passion :) Thanks for the party today-
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fall and thanks so much for hosting the fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the party each week! Thank you so much for the feature among such talented bloggers! It was 95 degrees here today so Fall just feels like a tall tale right now but I keep telling myself soon, just hold on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new hutch. I would be happy to leave it as is. It's gorgeous and I can see you will have some fun decorating it. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did in creating that hutch. Maybe I'll use some of your inspiration for the tea trolley I bought. Hope your weather matches the season soon. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Autumn! Thanks for the party and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the green paint on your hutch and table combination! I'm lovin' your rustic tool caddy with your hydrangea blooms too! I'm still lugging the hose around in this heat trying to keep things alive...nary a raindrop in sight. I keep hoping Mother Nature will take pity on us and send us a reprieve with a shower and some cooler temps.

    Thank you for sharing my harvest of fall tables.♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, what a thrill and so exciting to be featured. Thanks so much and thanks for hosting such a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The table and hutch top looks so pretty paired together! Love the color! Thanks for hosting! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new/old furniture! The color is perfect. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for hosting the party, and I am so excited to have my Fall tray featured! Also, the table and hutch look beautiful together! I love the green color! I hope that you are having a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It felt like summer during the day here but luckily it cooled off this evening. Happy fall! Thanks for hosting again!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great party! Thank you for hosting! -Journa, visiting from the team at www.lollyjane.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Fall, Michael Lee... love the hutch and table, what a great idea! Thanks for hosting and for featuring may Tablescape! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Fall Michael, have a great weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the hutch!! I wish it was cooler here too! We are breaking some sort of record for number of days in the 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely ADORE your drop-leaf-table-with-clever-shelf-topper idea - and your paint job is fun and looks PERFECT in that space! It's really coming along nicely in there!

    Sorry I have been MIA - the new itty bitty grandbaby and life in general has kept me off the pc living it to the fullest. I have missed reading and writing blog posts - hope to be doing more. Shared some saddness today.

    Have a blessed and wonderful weekend. Hope it cools off - it is so hot hot hot here and just doesn't feel yet like autumn!

    Hugs! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michael Lee! Great features! Thank you so much for hosting today! ;)
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the hutch. You have been busy! What are you calling this room? Whatever it's name,I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, this is the space beneath the upstairs screened porch, thus i'm calling it the "underporch." :-)

      Delete
  21. I finally had a free Friday to link up! Set up for a yard sale last night so I didn't get in on it until tonight. Better late than never. Thank you for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The hutch and table both turned out great. Thanks for hosting!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the cabinet you made. It looks great in that space. Great color! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, that hutch is just perfect Michael Lee. My favourite colour green. Thank you so much for hosting.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete