Thursday, October 20, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. This week, I've been busy painting my old wicker and re-doing the upper level screened porch. I had planned on neutrals, but the man cave's ambient beige has made me realize how much I love--and need--color (along with old fashioned comfort and simplicity). Though the wicker project hasn't been without mishaps, it's been interesting--and colorful. I still haven't painted the sofa (glossy black, maybe).


I've also added a bit of autumn to the living room.

 I'm honored to share a few highlights from last week's party:

Gold Leaf Pumpkins by Common Ground.

Quick and Easy 5-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge by Happier Than a Pig in Mud.

Pumpkin Bread for Breakfast by Peonies and Orange Blossoms.
the best pumpkin bread

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines

**Old and new posts are welcome.

**Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message. Thanks!).

 **If you need more assistance for Foodie Friday, an UPDATED guide to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.


23 comments:

  1. Michael Lee, your burst of inspiration is leaving me feeling a bit guilty with my lack of same, I have to admit, though I am thoroughly enjoying yours lately! I do have another cozy tablescape at the ready this week. It seems it was in tables where I threw most of my energy this fall, but I need to get busy cleaning up the garden! Thanks for having us in, and I hope your weekend leaves you enjoying whatever you do.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a little in the garden, but it needs to be put to bed soon. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. Wow another fast week! Love that porch...Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing what you have been up to! My folks had a wicker sofa and it was painted black, I always thought it looked so good in black. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love seeing your outdoor areas, the black and red wicker with checks is perfect!! thanks so much for featuring my gold leaf pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I'm loving your red painted wicker, Michael Lee! I think glossy black would be perfect on the wicker sofa. The black and white buffalo check pillows look so pretty on the set. Your autumn touches in the LR look so pretty. Blue and orange look wonderful together. Thanks for sharing the features and for hosting your party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying to see more of your living room with fall touches. Maybe a full share soon? Thanks for having us over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your porch and all of your fall decor, Michael Lee! Thanks for the party and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I vote black! Thanks for the party, it's always so much fun-
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael Lee, the porch is looking fabulous! Thanks for hosting! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the colors you picked for the wicker chairs. Nice autumn touches in the living room. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michael Lee, You have so much energy--you are an inspiration! I love the color of the chairs. Can't wait to see more of the porch project. Thanks for hosting, from a fellow October baby! :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. your porch is lookin' goood. thanks for the party

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovin' the red! Thanks for the shout-out Michael-Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Michael Lee for all of the inspiration, both on your own blog and the inspiration of others with this party! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been conjuring the brightest and warmest tablescapes and vignettes lately and they are so welcoming! I find myself craving warmer colors as of late, but not as much for the season as for the need to insulate myself from this manic world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you this wonderful party each week. Over the years, I have enjoyed seeing the changes you've made to your homes. I have been inspired my many of the recipes that have shared too. Have a great weekend. Our foliage is so lovely this week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cover photos with the pumpkins is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee. I love your home!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful porch! I love the colourful wicker!
    Thank you for hosting today! Have a great weekend!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting! :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete