Saturday, October 1, 2016

Hello, October

Hello, October. I've been waiting for you. Waiting for a certain shift of the light, waiting for temperatures to drop just a little. But not too much. 

You are the perfect month, allowing me to work outside without freezing. At least, I'm hoping you will be lovely, keeping winter away for a while longer. Your sweet-tempered days allow me to trim bushes, plant bulbs, and enjoy the garden's final show. As sweater weather approaches, I still have time to play.










I went pumpkin shopping yesterday, and now I'm heading out into the bright sunshine to drink in the afternoon. Wherever you are, I wish you joy and a happy October 1st.

Shared at:


13 comments:

  1. It's all so beautiful and peaceful. I love this time of year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you've been busy making that place a home. Loved seeing your cat too. You're having a lovely fall from what I can see.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ! And I wish you the same.... !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Love your fall colors. Can't believe it's October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, I feel the same way. October, gently falling, welcome autumn. Your pumpkins are so fall festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so fall inspired " love it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo with the light shinning down through the clouds.
    Have a great week. See you Friday.
    Joyously,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely photos and October inspiring words. October we have been waiting for your arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I have my patio all decorated with mums and pumpkins but it has been raining for days. So, I am waiting to share it all SOON! Love, love your potting shed. Thanks for the reminder to plant some more bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael Lee, Your polka dotted ribbon tied to your pumpkin makes me giddy! I love your Potting Shed decorated with pumpkins, mums, ornamental kale and Indian corn. Your neighboring kitty looks very happy with October's arrival too :)

    ReplyDelete