Saturday, October 29, 2016

Spells and Spirits

The magical light of October calls for a celebration. Since we're on the cusp of All Hallows Eve, my thoughts turned playful. Why not serve something mystical? A tiny feast with spells and spirits. I set up a wine and cheese bar on the porch, complete with a resident ghost. If you don't blink, you can see him floating over the table, peering into the orange wine glasses.
Actually, the ghost is a tin sign. Too cute! And he daren't go bump in the night. (Because I won't leave him propped up on the screen!)


Mary, from Home Is Where the Boat Is, sent me a darling set of skeleton salad servers, and they add a spooky, humorous touch to the table.






I'm still working on the sitting area for the porch. I'd started spray painting the wicker a glossy black, but the fumes set off an asthma attack. Bandwidth has been painting items when I bug him. 
I will probably bug him this weekend. 
 



 
Just a few more days to savor October. I'm enjoying every minute.

 Shared at:












17 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' all your spooktacular and autumnal posts this month! The October light is so magical along with your photos. Do I see Haint Blue paint on your porch ceiling or is it a trick of the light? Your resident ghost must not be deterred by it :) I love your draped cloth table for the spooky wine and cheese spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. The ceiling color is BM Palladian Blue. I have used SW Meandering Blue in the past, too. Palladian is a little softer to my eye.

      Delete
  2. Simply gorgeous. Orange is one of my favorite colors and this time of year it's a hit. Your tablescapes and vignettes are amazing. I have to wear a face mask I bought at Lowe's when I spray Scrubbling Bubbles to clean. It helps a lot. Enjoy your weekend. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this, including the ceiling! I'm having my deck enclosed in the spring and have been eyeballing blue paint colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cute skeleton hands and other goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please share about the window with the witch, bats, spider and black cat! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it in the discount bin ($10)at a local antique shop. A great find!!

      Delete
  6. Fabulous and puts me completely in the right frame of mind. Many people say the French don't do Halloween, but they do! All the children in our village are excited, they all love trick or treating, they all love dressing up, some even decoarate their homes (a little!) but so far they don't really do Halloween meals. So as the children are on school Autumn holidays we are going to change all of that, we are going to invite French children for a Halloween tea and your ideas will certainly help, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute. The furniture looks great, but so sorry about your asthma attack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spooky table looks terrific and so does the food.

    Like your black wicker, look so good.

    Enjoy Halloween.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely vignettes, as usual! That porch is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you did the cloth ML, and everything is cute and sweet and tempting and then you SEE the skellie hand, the perfect eerie touch! Happy Halloween!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. So charming! I love how you displayed fruit on the table too! Really cute! ;)
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  12. A charming Halloween table. Amazing details. All set off by the amazing chandelier. I love the cloth as the starter to this lovely tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tablescape is simply spooktacular. I adore the water globe. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this spot Michael;fun and festive! Love your lighting too; such a lovely spot...I would never want to leave.
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete