Monday, November 7, 2016

November Nesting

I'm looking forward to the holidays. Bit by bit, I'm getting the house ready. The Halloween items have been put away, and I filled the little cupboard with brown and white pottery. I began collecting it many years ago, and I don't mind if it's old or new--if it's brown and white, I adore it.


Speaking of dishes, I added an old pie safe to the pantry. The wall area is small and strange, with an angle. I found a marked-down Primitive piece at a local shop. The dimensions and price were just right, so the piece came home. 

I filled it with white pottery, another passion.

I'm still unpacking from our tumultuous move, so that means I'm unearthing pieces.


While poking around the shop, I found a chippy milk chest that had been reduced. I wasn't sure what a milk chest was, but apparently flour was kept in one bin, grain in another. Both lids swing open. I had an idea the chest would work in the foyer. 


If you are in a pre-holiday nesting mood, searching for inspiration, you'll love the Thoughts of Home Stunning Thanksgiving Vignettes Tour, brought to us by the talented ladies from the Thoughts of Home weekly blog party.
The tour begins this week, featuring five bloggers for the next five days, 
Monday, November 7 through Friday, November 11th.
Monday – November 7th

Tuesday – November 8th

Wednesday – November 9th

Thursday – November 10th
Everyone is invited to join the Thoughts of Home on Thursday Thanksgiving Edition Linky Party.



Have a wonderful, creative Monday!

16 comments:

  1. Everything looks lovely, your Thanksgiving shelves are gorgeous!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love both of your new primitive pieces. So perfect for your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your new pieces and they look great in the foyer and pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pie safe is just charming, especially with your beautiful dish collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some if the ladies days have been switched since sent out. I am on Tuesday...
    love your little milk chest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have inspired me to get out my brown/white dishes! I love what you have done with your pie safe too. Love following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your November nesting! Wherever the shop is you found those pieces in I'll bet is a great place to hunt. Your collections look stunning in both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pie safe, especially filled with all that gorgeous white pottery! The milk chest turned out to be perfect for your foyer area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pie safe looks perfect there and the milk chest is really interesting. It looks great in your entryway display.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your brown transferware looks so comforting in your hutch, and perfect for November. I love your new (old) pie safe filled with white, and also your chippy crate! Those are some perfect additions, Michael Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds, ML. I love brown and white dishes too, in fact, our wedding china is white with a chocolate brown rim. Still love it after all these years. My brown and white transfer ware comes out this time of year. It mixes well with lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the area you set up with the milk chest. That spot is so welcoming and perfect in your house. That beadboard ceiling of yours gets me everytime too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just can't seem to get into any holiday mood for some reason. Maybe I'll get with it before too long. Love seeing your home!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Michael Lee what a glorious grouping of white on white. I adore all of the various layers of texture.

    I wanted to take a moment and thank you so very much for participating in the past week's tour.
    The event brought happiness to many. I received so many messages from individuals who so appreciated all of the wonderful tips, touches and gorgeous images. I am running a round up tour today for any who might have missed a glimpse of the beauty shared.

    I shared your kitchen with my husband and said that it is my dream kitchen. Your eye for detail created such gorgeous arrangements.

    Again, my deepest thanks. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete