Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Woodland Thanksgiving Vignettes

I'm delighted to join a group of talented bloggers for the Thoughts of Home Thanksgiving Vignettes Tour. The week-long event launched Monday, November 7th, and will continue through Friday, November 11th, featuring twenty amazing bloggers. Since Monday, I have toured 14 beautiful homes, each one filled with holiday ideas and creativity. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week! 
Our hostess for today, Wednesday, is Stacey, the creative talent behind Poofing the Pillows, a beautiful, inspiring blog! I love her style. If you're visiting from Stacey's blog, please make yourself at home in my kitchen. 

I enjoy celebrating the history and tradition of Thanksgiving; though I remember one year I strayed from our beloved menu and baked a ham. You would have thought the world had ended for my youngest son. Since that time, I don't tinker (well, not much) with the basic dishes. 
I also enjoy using warm colors for Thanksgiving, along with a bit of woodland wildness. 

We've enjoyed a mild fall in Tennessee, and I wore short sleeves when I foraged for vines and my favorite weeds. I draped Carolina jessamine on the chandelier. 

I set the table with mismatched white pottery dinner plates, topping them with cute squirrel salad plates (Pier 1) and amber glassware (Pioneer Woman, Walmart).




For the holiday, I replaced a few white dishes with brown and white pottery. Naturally, the hutch was topped with weeds. 

I had a few white pumpkins leftover from the Halloween cupboard, and they were perfect for mini-vignettes. Keeping with the woodland vibe, I added greenery and antlers.
In front of the windows, I made a mini-vignette by placing a potted Orange Star Flower (also known as Star of Bethlehem) into a rusty orange bucket. Simple! And if I remember to water and deadhead, the plant should bloom for about six weeks (then it will go dormant until next spring).
 

More weeds found their way on top of the range hood, along with a few mini-pumpkins.


 Utensils were popped into an old tartan box. Grapevine wreaths were wrapped in ivy and placed over the antlers.


Windows and a door line one side of the kitchen, allowing for light and views.

On the opposite wall, you'll find utilitarian stuff, such as cabinets and appliances.


Thanks for spending time with me today. Head over to the next lovely Thanksgiving vignette tour at Patina and Paint and visit Tammy's beautiful home and see her awesome ideas.

Wednesday's Tour Schedule – November 9th

If you missed Monday and Tuesday's spectacular tours, you can catch up by visiting our dear hosts:

Laura at Decor to Adore -- Monday's hostess

Jemma from At Home with Jemma -- Tuesday's hostess

Stacey at Poofing the Pillows -- Wednesday's hostess

This Thursday, you're invited to share your Thanksgiving vignettes at the Thoughts of Home link party. Click on any of the host links for information and/or to participate.

Laura at White Spray Paint -- Friday's hostess


Prepare to be inspired for the holiday when you take the tour!
Here's the complete schedule. 
Monday – November 7th

Tuesday – November 8th

Wednesday – November 9th

Thursday – November 10th
Everyone is invited to join the Thoughts of Home on Thursday Thanksgiving Edition Linky Party.
Thoughts of Home


I wish you a joyful Thanksgiving.
Enjoy the tour!

Shared at:
Thoughts of Home
Tablescape Thursday

41 comments:

  1. I love the China cabinet....

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks lovely, fresh and perfect Michael Lee, I love all the fresh elements and the welcoming feel of all your touches...your table looks like a spot to linger and enjoy long after the meal is over. Beautiful photos!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Lee what a absolutely beautiful post! Your eye for beauty is evident. I adore your tablescape. Those squirrel plates are a delight. I too once cooked a ham for Thanksgiving and it was not well received. :) Many thanks for joining our Thoughts of Home gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your beautiful kitchen and dining area. Gorgeous. That hutch is breath taking also with your brown and white. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning home that the "weeds" (Too funny, btw) and the wonderful colors you used just seem to flow. You make adding fall touches seem so artistic and effortless! I love it, have to go back up and see it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Kitchen and I love that round table. Such warmth and detail put together perfectly.

    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful display of natural materials you have made in your lovely kitchen. I love that the white background of walls and cabinets really allows the simple natural pieces to pop! What a beautiful view out your windows :) I think my whole house would fit inside your kitchen haha!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael, this just couldn't be any prettier!! I love everything about it!

    Thanks so much for joining us today for the tour. We are honored. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is all very beautiful. I love your kitchen with all the trimming.. Lovely with love Janice Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely beautiful. your kitchen is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I were close enough to come sit in your kitchen! It's lovely and welcoming. You make weeds look great. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning!
    What a joy to visit you. The details of your kitchen are gorgeous and your woodland Thanksgiving vignette is pure joy-these plates are wonderful!
    Such a pleasure to have you join us in our tour.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home is absolutely stunning! I love the squirrel plates...

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delight touring your beautiful home! That china cabinet is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is indeed magazine worthy!! The bones of your kitchen are perfect but so is your accessorizing! Lovely inspiration as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Michael Lee, that's gorgeous! You must get tired of my use of that word in describing your tables, vignettes, but geez...it really is! I love the many cabinets you have in the kitchen, as well as the hutch. That tartan box made my heart rate go a little faster, I must admit. And the sight lines in your home are all so wonderful - very inspiring for creating beauty such as you've done all throughout these spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Micheal lee, your home is beautiful. Love the country look and how cozy it is. The china cabinets looks lovely with the white and added brown. You have some gorgeous views to take in while standing in your kitchen. Happy to be sharing this blog hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your kitchen and dining area are gorgeous, Michael Lee. I love how your understated greens and colors of the season just pop against your white kitchen. And the dining area is so warm and inviting with the wood tones of your hutch and table.
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your kitchen, hutch, table, chairs, the cute plates, the view. Did I say I love your home? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful home! Love your Emma Bridgewater platters ! Going to get the pure butter for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Michael Lee, I would so enjoy making myself at home in your beautiful kitchen. I love everything about it--the clear colors that are still so fall like, the centerpiece, the fabulous Wolf range, and the light! Just gorgeous in every way. Thanks for inviting us in. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank y'all so much for your kind comments. You lift my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! I just love it all! You are one very talented decorator! Your home is beautiful, yet so warm and cozy! Loving the pretty sunflower arrangement and flower in the bucket with a tea towel. And the squirrel plates are just downright precious! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you sure make "weess" look great!!! I love, LOVE your kitchen and wish I could come and sit with you! I love how large your kitchen is, the views, the chairs....everything! Thanks for the tour and vignettes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michael Lee, what a beautiful kitchen so full of light! The hutch is stunning...love everything! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  26. As beautiful as your Georgian house was, this one just sings. You have surrounded yourself with joy and it blesses us all. Thank you for sharing your journey as well as your home. We look forward to seeing more from your endless well-spring of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Goodness, I had not seen your kitchen...wow, what a fabulous place to be! I would never leave:-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your table looks so inviting with those darling squirrel plates, the cheerful centerpiece of happy sunflowers and all your special touches. Thank you for the tour of your lovely kitchen, Michael Lee. You must so enjoy being in that wonderful place of light and coziness.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Michael Lee, As always, I'm in love with everything in your home. You have such a wonderful talent of making your home beautiful and welcoming. I want to pin every image from this post. Actually, I want to live in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your home is just absolutely lovely. Such a liveable elegance. Just perfection. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your home is just lovely.
    I would love to sit at your kitchen island and hear all about your home.
    Thank you for joining our tour this week!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful! What a lovely space to create meals and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your home is just beautiful! I love all of the natural elements you use in your decor. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Michael Lee, I'm envious of all the wonderful natural light you have in your home. The kitchen, with the wall of French doors, is stunning in every detail. Love the crisp look of all the white and the wood floors and furniture. Your fall vignettes are just the right touch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for inviting us in to your lovely space! The natural light is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Michael Lee, I agree with Sarah and Yolie. The warmth of the wood in contrast with the white is beautiful. I think I could happily nibble on shoe leather in your chairs at your pretty table! I love your woodland touches and the jessamine draped on your chandy. Your hutch is beautifully styled with your white and brown pottery. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh I love your tablescape! Your whole kitchen and dining area is amazing. I think this is the best overall presentation of your kitchen that you've shown! You are very artistic with your displays!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So gorgeous Michael Lee! I love the bright colours! It's a very welcoming and sunny table!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  39. Michael Lee,
    More than the natural light. . .
    is the love I feel that radiates from your exquisite home, dear one!
    I adore the use of "weeds" from nature within your interior design!
    I'm swooning over your chandelier!
    The Traditional hues of Thanksgiving blend beautifully with the white ironstone in your hutch!
    Enjoyable post!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  40. this is a magazine shoot, SPECTACULAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. loved your tour. your kitchen is beautiful and must be wonderful to sit in the stools and gaze out at that scenery.

    ReplyDelete