Thursday, December 29, 2016

Foodie Friday and Everything Else -- New Year's Party

As the New Year approaches, I can't help but remember the winter of 2016. In Tennessee, we had downright wintry weather, minus the dreaded Polar Vortex. It's the time to take down Christmas decorations and evaluate the year--was it good, bad, or ugly? Do you have resolutions or will you adjust your sails when they need adjusting?
Here are a few ideas from last week's party that are perfect for celebrating and/or nesting:

DIY PROJECT
A Cranberry Bench Makeover by Bless'er House.

FOOD
Maple Butter Cinnamon Rolls by The Bewitchin' Kitchen.


FASHION
6 Black Cocktail Dresses Under$100 for New Year's Eve by Citizens of Beauty.

Home Tour
Tour The Fry House, a Queen Anne in Waynesboro, Virginia with Sweet Pea.


WINTER IDEAS
Make a Chunky Pocket Scarf at Whistle and Ivy.

And while you're visiting, check out the adorable crochet-plaid boot cuffs.


BLOGGING
Read about one bloggers new vision for 2017 by Homestead 128: Dwelling with Purpose.
Wishing you a safe, joyful New Year's Eve and a happy, productive 2017!

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines

 **Be sure to use the permalink to your blog post. A tutorial is available HERE.

**Old and new posts are welcome.  Post as many as you like.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message. Thanks!).

 **If you need more assistance for adding your post/s to Foodie Friday, an UPDATED GUIDE to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family abundant blessings in 2017 and thanks so much for the awesome parties in 2016!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful features! Yes, I make a list of resolutions and then I revise and add as the year goes on...basically, I am making lists constantly...Best wishes to you in the new year and thanks for hosting again!
    Cheers! Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting this week! Hope you're having a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love joining your party again this week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Compliments of the season and thank you for all the links!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the gorgeous features...thanks for the party

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great features! I haven't gotten a new post ready, but from the looks of the links there are plenty to visit. Wow!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! Thanks for hosting! -Journa from the team @ www.lollyjane.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, thanks for hosting and being able to visit a wonderful site!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a wonderful year of parties Michael Lee, and best wishes for 2017!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the features! Happy New Year, Michael Lee and thanks for hosting....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting! Those features look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great post, and I am planning to kick back and read every one of these featured, along with a lot of other reading I have backlogged since before Christmas. It was a good year for me, life is good, and although I won't make any resolutions, I do have some goals I'd like to check off in home maintenance and improvements. It'll all depend on contractors....
    Thanks for being such a gracious host through the year, Michael Lee. Wishing you the best in 2017, and I'm so happy and thankful to have gotten to know you better in 2016.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  15. I usually put my new resolutions on paper every New Year's eve. Don't know what I going to do next year. I'm still taking down Christmas decorations. Thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh!!!! I just love your photo above of the chairs in snow!! *Idea* stick an apple on the arm of the chair or even a red colored wreath.....blow it up, frame it and put in your foyer!!!!!! I just LOVE that image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year, Michael Lee! I don't make resolutions, but I have a few ideas/plans that I hope to do this year. One thing I've managed to do for a while now is to live in the moment. I don't worry (anymore) about possible "problems" that "might" happen. Today is now and I'm happy! Sending you hugs... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. First of all Michael Lee, I wish you and your loved ones A VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! Secondly, I have never been one to make New Year's Resolutions as prefer to look forward (not backwards) and just take it as it comes ... ☺. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Impressed with all these decoration ideas. These are super easy to implement especially in a winter party. I am planning a fun family BBQ party at local event venues Chicago and will be using your ideas. If you have any DIY centrepiece inspirations then please share that also!

    ReplyDelete