Thursday, January 19, 2017

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

 
Glad you stopped by Foodie Friday & Everything Else. As I write this post, fog is so dense I can't see the road. The hilltop hasn't been graced with sunlight for 20 days in a row, but I won't let the gloom take hold. I'm making an effort to see, and to create, beauty in everyday life. 
I don't want to look back on 2017 and realize that I spent mornings grabbing a cup of coffee and racing out the door. I hope I see slow, sweet meals, flowers, and lots of cake (or pastries).
Last week's party was blessed with magic. Here's a sampling of pixie dust, sure to inspire:

You'll love the 5 Fave Makeovers of 2016 by The Happy Housie.

Warm up with One-Pot Lemon Chicken Tortellini Soup by Spoonful of Flavor.

Create a delicious dessert: Caribbean Cream Dessert by All That's Jas.

Winter is the perfect time to bake Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Get the recipe at Rose Bakes.

Learn how to cover old hardware holes with a fabulous step-by-step tutorial at Rain on a Tin Roof.

Winter might be frightful, but you can still rewire your mood with nature. Sit by a window and take field notes. Get the details at J.Bigg's Life in Kentucky.

Do you keep a journal? Learn how to create a mixed media notebook at The Scrap Shoppe.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines

 **Be sure to use the permalink to your blog post. A tutorial is available HERE.

**Old and new posts are welcome.  Post as many as you like.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message. Thanks!).

 **If you need more assistance for adding your post/s to Foodie Friday, an UPDATED GUIDE to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.
Stay warm and be creative.


24 comments:

  1. That chocolate chip banana bread is looking good right about now! Thanks for hosting another great link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and starting off 2017 with a bright start, Michael Lee! Thanks for all the inspirational features and for hosting your lovely party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been gloomy here as well, so it's nice to see these beautiful features to brighten things up. Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have been covered in fog. We had it last Saturday, but that was it. Today is bright blue skies and sunshine and much warmer again. I want the cold to stick around at least through January. '-)
    Enjoy your cozy teatime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been very foggy in my neck of the woods today as well. I'm ready for the sun to return! Thanks for the party, Michael Lee and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, foggy this week and now socked in with lots of rain. It's supposed to rain all weekend as well. I love tea as well but it has to be cold year round.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, what a pleasant surprise seeing my no-bake dessert included in the features! Thank you so much, I'm thrilled :D Love that you won't let fog keep you down. I needed to read that as it's been foggy here too for days. Thanks for hosting. Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday the fog rolled in and out on the gulf coast, but it was warm, doors were open, it was dream like and I've been floating around in summer clothes-I grew up on the coast of California where fog was an everyday occurrence, so I love it the memories...thank you for always being such a gracious hostess...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks SO much for featuring my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the features again this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking the time to host this lovely party! -Journa from www.lollyjane.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't believe another week is almost over! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for Foodie Friday and Everything Else (I am in the everything else category). Appreciated.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, Michael, it really is important to slow down and enjoy the little things - like a cup of coffee and breakfast in the morning. I don't want to rush through 2017 either! Thank you for hosting. There's lots of wonderful inspiration in the features this week, and I'm excited to go visiting some of the wonderful links that have been shared. I've shared a visit to Kensington Palace and Victoria Revealed, an interactive exhibit about Queen Victoria. If you are watching the Victoria on PBS you may find it especially interesting. I've also shared a Butternut Pecan Loaf Cake, made with butternut squash. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the inspiration in your features!! It looks like it's going to be raining here. So, I'll just have to look at your gorgeous Instagram photos to cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, ML- you had nearly three weeks of sunshine???? NOW I know where all ours went! We have had practically 3 weeks of rain and gloom. About a half hour - finally - the sun is partly showing - oh it's been so depressing. Soup, tea, good books, cleaning, visting and holding grandbaby - rinse, repeat - have wanted to do little else. : - )

    Thanks so much for hosting your wonderful linky party, super excited to be joining in the fun with my winter living room tour. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, 20 days of gloom. You're right about dealing with the weather--soup, tea, books, etc.

      Delete
  17. Thank you so much for the feature!! And for hosting, of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great collection of showcased talent. I love your blog, Michael Lee, and appreciate you also for sharing the platform with other bloggers' talents. My January has been markedly similar to your with gray days, but today is supposed to be near 70°, and right now it's sunny, so I'm off for a neighborhood walk! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. In my corner of Ohio, we have approximately 8 days of sunshine during the month of January with only 3 full-sun days, so I feel your need to stay sunny on the inside!

    ReplyDelete