Thursday, January 26, 2017

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

January has been dark and shadowy, as if a curtain has been pulled over my neck of the woods. I crave sunlight, but I am learning how to be productive. I'm organizing my basement office, and I have enjoyed quiet teatimes and leisurely breakfasts. After two years of being without my Yorkies, I am finally starting to look for a furry, tail-wagging, loves-you-no-matter-what terrier.

I haven't been blogging or visiting, but my heart isn't very far from you. I look forward to seeing you each week at Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Starting in 2009, the link-up has been dedicated to showcasing talented women. Each week you invite us into your lives, sharing recipes, stories, design tips, DIY projects, makeovers, inspiration, and more. Our party will turn 8 years old in 2017, but it seems like yesterday when the first Foodie Friday launched, and I managed to erase every link. With my friends cheering me from the sidelines, I retyped each entry, and the party continued. I'm thankful for the friends I've made along the way. Bless you all. 

I hope you enjoy the highlights from last week's party:

Warm up this January with Fiesta Chicken Enchilada Soup by A Dish of Daily Life.

Winter food can be healthy and simple. Try Whole Wheat Smoked Turkey Bruschetta by The Bitter Side of Sweet.

Learn how to make "Thomas the Train" Cupcakes by Rose Bakes.

Get the Top 5 Decorating Tips by designer and author Anita at Cedar Hill Farmhouse.

For a dose of joy and beauty, visit a winter table by Home Is Where the Boat Is.

See an amazing before-and-after of a cottage living room by Cottage in the Oaks.

Are you doing a little armchair traveling this winter? Or maybe you've been mesmerized by the hit PBS show, Victoria. Either way, don't miss a visit to Kensington Palace, where Victoria lived before she was crowned. Get the scoop by April J. Harris, the 21st Century Housewife.

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party Guidelines

 **Be sure to use the permalink to your blog post. A tutorial is available HERE.

**Old and new posts are welcome.  Post as many as you like.

**No rules. No mandatory links to the party or follows on social media.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST. Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message. Thanks!).

 **If you need assistance to add your post/s to Foodie Friday, an UPDATED GUIDE to the linky party is available HERE or by clicking the Foodie Friday/Everything Else tab at the top of the page.
Stay warm and be creative.


21 comments:

  1. Congratulations Michael Lee on eight years of Foodie Friday and Everything Else! I just started our 6th year of FPT, we have been here a while. Your party was one of the first that I had courage enough to link to as a new blogger I was terrified to push that button. Thanks for always being here and being a role model for me on this journey. I understand your love for the little friends.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been very gloomy in NJ as well. Every now and then the sun peaks out and I feel like a new person for a few minutes! Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 years, wow! I've been enjoying your lovely floral/tea pics on Insta, it looks like you're having a lot of fun :) Thanks for always being such a gracious hostess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if you were getting ready to add a fur baby to your family after seeing all the adorable dogs & puppies you've added to your Pinterest boards lately! Happy adopting to you and thanks so much for sharing my winter table. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michael I enjoy visiting your blog each week for Foodie Friday. Thank you for getting it organized each week. I hope spring comes early for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so know how you feel, I can't get motivated to get much accomplished. Hope you find a new "best friend" soon! thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting to be adding a new fur baby! Can't wait to see what you get. Thanks for the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe the weekend is almost here! Thanks for putting the party together again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely party again this week! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michael, congrats on 8 years of Foodie Friday! Thank you so much for the lovely feature.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on eight years of hosting your party, Michael Lee! I think I've to,d you before that yours was the very first party I linked to and I totally goofed up, but you helped me along the way.
    How exciting to be thinking of getting a pup. I just can't believe that it's been two years.
    Thank you for hosting and I hope you have a happy weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Michael! Eight years really have flown by! I do love Foodie Friday - there's always so much wonderful inspiration. I'm sorry it has been a dark January - it can be a challenging month weather-wise! We have a similar issue here in the UK, although until this week it has been unusually sunny. Thank you so much for featuring my post on Kensington Palace and Queen Victoria! That was a lovely way to start my Friday! This week I've shared a traditional teatime treat - Lemon Drizzle Cake. Thank you so much for hosting and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe it's been 8 years, but then again I can't believe this June it will be 10 years for Sidewalk Shoes!! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for featuring my Thomas cupcake toppers and for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great features! Those Thomas cupcakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This party is full of great ideas! We love to link-up here. Hugs! Journa - www.lollyjane.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for being here for us! I have only been visiting for two or three of them but love the friendships I have made...especially yours. This has been a dark and gloomy Jan in our neck of the woods too. I have been in slow motion and have not been especially creative...but I hope to get going when the sun shines again. ha! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on 8 years blogging.

    I think a new friend would be great. Consider adopting a Rescued dog - they are such great dogs and love you so much for giving them a forever home. I have two and they are the best dogs I have ever had. They give me so much love. Waldo follows me around and keeps his eyes on me and always waits by the gate for me to come home.

    Cheer up, the sun will be out before you know it.
    Thanks so much for this wonderful party WOW so many gret items......

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Michael, I'm so glad you've been nurturing your soul in order to heal. I have not been the same since losing my last two beloved dogs several years ago. If my life weren't in flux, I would be sharing my life with another dog/s as I'm cuckoo over them! I may have shared the following quote with you before, but if so, it bears repeating: “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” Dean Koontz



    ReplyDelete