Monday, January 16, 2017

The Easy Way to Make a Naked Cake

 
It's all in the wording, of course. I didn't bake anything. However, I had a ball making a four layer naked cake, and it took five minutes.



How to Make a Naked Cake the Easy Way
2 frozen iced layer cakes, the cheaper and plainer the better
Rubber spatula or dinner knife (but don't use the serrated edge)
bowl of water
paper towels
Dish, plate, or cake stand

Buy two frozen cakes (see above). I bought two small cakes.
Before cakes thaw, remove from package, including the cardboard base. Assemble cakes.
Let them defrost just enough to remove the icing. If you wait too long, you could lop off bits of cake.
Gently but smoothly scrape the icing. Move in one direction. Discard icing on the paper towel (it's okay to eat it, too). It helps to dip the spatula or knife in the water (shake off the moisture) if you'd like a smoother texture.
Garnish with fruit, edible herbs or flowers.

Would would guess that removing icing from a store-bought cake would create a chic dessert? 


Shared at:
Metamorphosis Monday

20 comments:

  1. Oh my!...this is beautiful and genius! This is definitely my kind of creative desserts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, and beautiful presentation as well. Leave it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great and look so good. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully! Thanks for the easy to follow instructions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea! You are so creative, Michael Lee. Now I want a slice of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like something out of a magazine! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, and it's beautiful! (Michael Lee, I sent you an email last week, and hoping you received it. I know you are extremely busy, so you probably haven't had time to respond, or even forgot...which is what I tend to do! Hope all is well!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way it looks, but REALLY love frosting - oh my word, what's a gal to DO????

    : - )

    Hope your new year is going well so far. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a beautiful cake! I think I prefer it over iced! Great idea for the people like me who are cake decorating challenged! Pinning and sharing!!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of a naked cake! :-) I would never have thought to remove the icing from a store bought cake but what a great way to create a lovely towering dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely wouldn't have thought of this! Even prettier with the roses, but I'm thinking they wouldn't taste too good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty presentation, Michael Lee! You're the Queen of Garnishing, I've always said.
    P. S. I love those cute measuring spoons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will feature this tomorrow at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why do I want a naked cake? I didn't know this was a thing!

    ReplyDelete