Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Beginner's Guide to Joyful Living -- Day 19

 During the long winter, I studied positive affirmations, and I slowly began to understand that I was like Dorothy Gale, stuck in Oz, unaware that I had the power to return home by clicking the heels of my ruby slippers. Instead of slippers, I had another tool: Daily affirmations.
I sat near a window and wrote. After looking at my statement, I said the words out loud. I imagined the words blowing out the window, rising into the wind.   


Affirmations aren't worry beads. Make a declaration, then let it go.

Every day we have the opportunity to choose a path: negative or positive.
The ability to choose is a gift.

 Today, my affirmation is a quote from Maya Angelou:

5 comments:

  1. I've been following this series with anticipation.

    I had a full morning with lots of errands to do. About halfway through the morning, struggling with negative thoughts I realized....I started the day with happy thoughts & did very well....until I had to actually speak to someone! ;) I think I'd make a very good hermit as long as I could keep my dog with me for company. It seems every other word out my mouth to people end up coming back to haunt me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Isn't that quote from Maya Angelou something??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choosing joy sounds simple doesn't it? I am trying to choose and enjoying this series so much. Tomorrow would have been my dad's 83 birthday. Choosing is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another excellent quote! One must learn to love oneself and learn to live with oneself. To me, that's the basic foundation for being happy.

    ReplyDelete