Thursday, August 17, 2017

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

When I wasn't looking, mid-August arrived, bringing torrential night-time rains, humid mornings, and blazing sunlight. And yet, I see signs that summer is winding down. Days are shorter, and the afternoon light is gilded. Flowers are starting to look a little weary.


My yard continues to offer little gifts, including volunteer marigolds.


Last week's party was stellar. Here are a few highlights:

So Much Better With Age shared Heather Bullard's magical photography and styling workshop in France. If I could do one thing in my life, I would take this workshop.

A Delightsome Life shared an easy, beautiful tutorial for making an autumn hydrangea wreath.

Kiss My Smoke shared a recipe for "Grilled Rib Steak with Chimichurri Sauce."



Foodie Friday and Everything Else Guidelines

**Old and new posts are welcome.  

**Foodie Friday and Everything Else doesn't require mandatory links to the party, Rattlebridge Farm, or follows on social media. 

**To be featured, you must own the copyright (c) to the photos in your post or have permission to use them.

**To make it easier for readers to find your article, use the permalink to your blog post. A tutorial is available HERE.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST.

** If you'd like to participate, send me a message @ Pinterest (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message.

23 comments:

  1. My garden is getting a little weary, also! Thank you for hosting Michael Lee...I love this party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a delicious looking steak...thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My deck flowers are a nightmare, in fact I threw most of them out. First they were drowned from all the rains and then they dried out and got scorched by the sun. I don't have the greenest thumb so needless to say, it's not pretty out there! Yours still look great! Thanks for hosting and enjoy your weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting another fun party. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are weary just like me. We had brief respite and break from the heat & humidity and it's back with a vengeance. Counting down the days to fall...it can't come too quickly for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heat here is like a blast furnace, and we're back to walking between 7-8am to avoid it! Just when I'm ready to give up the ghost on summer container watering, my Sunimpatiens limply beg for one more day, one more watering. Of course, I oblige.
    Thank you for the respite of beauty here at Foodie Friday. I can most definitely see you as a stellar student in Heather Bullard's workshop in France! Her work has always been nothing less of stellar through various magazines I have read through the years. No, I don't know her, but I sure remember her name from gorgeous spreads.
    Happy weekend!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the great party.
    Have a nice rest of the week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee.
    You had quite a few volunteer marigolds. I wish my impatiens would reseed.
    The heat and humidity are brutal right now so I am not doing much. The weeds are taking over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so humid today in Texas, and we've had rain to make the humidity worse. Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Michael Lee, yes a photography class in France would be dreamy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your hard work in hosting, I appreciate it! Lots of good links to check out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess I wasn't looking either. And, yes, my flowers are looking tired and heat weary....like me:) Thanks for the party!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharing with your party this week my recipe for caramel apple pie cookies. Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love spending Thursday's with your parties every week. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I planted some marigolds this year. The first time in years. I forgot what hard working flowers they are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Summer is definitely winding down here too, Michael. I must say though, your garden still looks beautiful! I've shared a lovely late summer /early fall cake - my Triple Ginger Pound Cake. It's warming and tasty whatever the weather. Thank you for hosting and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, summer is winding down for sure. I can smell fall in the air despite high temps. Thanks for hosting and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am with you on taking that amazing photography studio/workshop - can you imagine creating in a space like that! Thanks for the party, Michael Lee and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am late joining, but oh so delighted to see my wreath featured! I made another one this week! DIY Cotton bolls! I'm getting ready for fall decor! Thank you so much for hosting this great party,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete