Saturday, October 7, 2017

Autumn Casts a Spell

"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October." 
-- Nathaniel Hawthorne
The slightest breeze sends great drifts of leaves falling in the back yard. I wouldn't dream of sweeping them away--that's the same as sweeping away charm. I am enchanted by October, hoping to savor every leaf.


After the rain moved out, I added a few Autumn touches to the She Shed/Pool House/Wee Cottage (this house answers to all names).

The front porch furniture found its way to the shed. 

Market pumpkins were tucked into a round basket.

The dear Chippendale bench looks so sweet beneath the window.

Flower-filled Adirondack baskets added rustic charm to the 70s-era French doors.




The koi pond is only a few steps away from the shed. Hemmed in by burning bushes and trees, it's a quiet place to reflect and to count blessings.
"The leaves fall patiently
Nothing remembers or grieves
The river takes to the sea
The yellow drift of leaves."
--  Sara Teasdale

Shared at:
Amaze Me Monday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Talk of the Town
Feathered Nest Friday

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely post and the pictures are beautiful. Unfortunately here in SO CA we do not get the beautiful colored leaves that you do with the 4 seasons - I really miss the 4 seasons here in SO CA. However, I do not miss the winter.

    Have a great Sunday.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't miss winter, either!❄️❄️❄️

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive! I love it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks SO PRETTY! It should be on a magazine cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "she-spot." I can only imagine how relaxing it is to sit in there and enjoy solitude, then stroll out to the pond to watch the koi. Wish I could visit you there.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, love all the pumpkins and autumn touches. Our leaves may not be as pretty this year, too warm and not enough rain. I love the warm golds, oranges and reds this time of year. Your she-shed is heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enchanted with the wee cottage and its surroundings. I just know you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I saw these lovely photos pop up on Instagram I knew I had to pop over an read this post. And I'm never disappointed. Thanks for all this gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Does look like a magazine cover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have dressed your she shed for Fall! It is all beautiful!. How long have you had the koi pond?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know its history--it was here when we bought the house.

      Delete
  11. Isn't it fun to dress up our porches with pumpkins and gourds? I love this season! Your fall touches to the She Shed / Pool House / Wee Cottage are charming, Michael Lee. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet you were gleeful while you were decorating! It's so cute. The bench and table set are the perfect scale for the shed. Uh, oh, now the front porch will need replacements when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it crazy to love wet concrete with leaves stuck to it? Yeah? Then call me crazy. I love how everything looks because it makes me feel those cool crisp days I'm craving...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home and photos are beautiful. I'm so happy I just discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The wee cottage is perfectly dressed in its autumn finery! What a lovely place that you have created for yourself...a respite!

    ReplyDelete