in a weekly potluck party
hosted every Friday
at Rattlebridge Farm.
at Rattlebridge Farm.
Foodie Friday Linky Party Guidelines:
**You may add as many recipes/posts as you wish to Foodie Friday. Older/seasonal posts are always welcome.
** Visit three other Foodie Friday participants and give them shout-outs on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google +, or leave a comment on their post.
**Tablescapes are welcome, as are kitchen/food-oriented/tabletop DIY projects.
** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting Rattlebridge Farm permission to include a photo of your FF recipe (and a link to your blog post) on Rattlebridge's social media.
** If you would like to share your recipes with a larger audience, join the "Top Food Bloggers" group board at Pinterest, which can be found HERE. In order to join, just "follow" the board and send me an "@" message so I'll be sure to see it.
** No linky parties.
**Contests/giveaways are permitted, as are cookbook reviews.
How to Link to Foodie Friday
1. Look for the Inlinkz icon (a blue frog) at the bottom of the Foodie Friday post. Click on the icon.
2. A form will pop up, asking for information.
3. First, add your URL (this is the permalink to your blog post, not the main link to your blog. For example, the main link to a blog might be http://www.foodiefriday.blogbaker.com. The permalink address would include the unique address for a blog post, and it is much longer than a regular URL. Example of a permalink: http://www.foodiefriday.blogbaker.com/2014/09/foodie-friday-freakout-november-9th.html . Don't put the address to my blog in this section or visitors will be routed back to my blog, and we want them to visit you. Your permalink will make sure visitors find your post--sometimes visitors will look at old FF posts, months or years after the Foodie Friday event.
4. The second line in the Inlinkz form will ask for your name. You can add your blog's name, the title of your recipe, or a "headline" to entice visitors to check out your post.
5. The third line in the Inlinkz form will ask for your email. Don't worry--no one will see it, nor will it be shared.
5. After entering your information, Inlinkz will ask you to select an image for the thumbnail. A crop tool is available. Choose an image.
6. After you submit your link, it may take a few moments for your thumbnail to appear.
Foodie Friday Q and A's
A: In 2009, I started Foodie Friday as a weekly virtual cookbook to showcase great recipes in our blogging community.
Q: What type of recipe should I make for the cookbook?
A: Appetizers, entrees, soups, salads, bread, desserts, and everything in between. You can blog about a single cupcake, store-bought food, picnics, a restaurant, a cookbook or product review, kitchen gadgets, dishes, foodie memoirs, cookbooks... or a whole meal. Tablescapes are welcome if they contain at least one cookie or a cupcake.
Q: Must my food be homemade?
A: That's up to you!
Q: Can I use pictures of food that I've posted previously on my blog or that I've linked to other food blogs?
Q: Do I have to prepare a new dish every week or can I use an older post?
A: Older posts are always welcome.
Q: I don't have time to visit every link at the party.
A: Everyone understands that life can be super busy. But please visit at least three other participants.
Q: What if I have a question that your Q and As haven't covered?
A: If you have questions, email me. I write full-time for two publishers, and sometimes email gets away from me. If you'll put an ALL CAPS note in the header of your email (URGENT Foodie Friday Question or URGENT 2nd Request, etc) I'll know you need an immediate response.
Q: When can I post to FF?
A: The FF link goes live every Thursday between 7 and 8 PM central time.
Q: Can I post other items that are lifestyle related, such as tablescapes, gardening, crafts, etc.?
A: While food is the dominant feature, all posts by bloggers are welcome.
Foodie Friday also has a Flickr photography gallery. It's open to the public. You are welcome to add photos to get a wider audience for your blog. Be sure to add a link to your blog so visitors can find you.There are two galleries--one for food and one for home decor. You can visit the food gallery HERE.
Whether you are a beginning cook or a seasoned chef, you will be embraced by Foodie Friday's big-hearted community. Foodie Friday is not about the perfect result--it's about the journey.
Foodie Friday recipes will inspire you to cook!